GMAC Car Insurance is unique in the sense that it is the only auto insurance plan offered by a car manufacturer.
Founded in 1939 and formerly known as Motors Insurance Corporation, GMAC Auto Insurance is one of the biggest property and casualty insurance providers in the United States.
Throughout the years, the company has become popular because of its auto industry background as well as its knowledge of the needs of automobile owners all across the country.
A few years ago, the company announced the sale of its other insurance divisions. Officers of GMAC Insurance claimed that the company would start to concentrate on providing only auto insurance services.
Continue reading through this review and then use our free tool for comparing car insurance companies to get free car insurance quotes online!
Why Choose National General Car Insurance?
The availability of SmartServices is what sets apart National General from its competitors. It is not surprising that a lot of people are attracted to the company’s car insurance plans because of the convenience that this service program provides. SmartServices offer the following:
- SmartAssist – An optional towing membership that is available to all plan holders nationwide.
- SmartInspect – A program geared toward ensuring that a plan holder’s vehicle is in tiptop shape after undergoing repairs.
- SmartValet – A service in which the company not only picks up the plan holder’s damaged vehicle but also provides for a rental car after the plan holder makes a claim. After your car has been repaired, the company will deliver it to you and take back the rented vehicle.
- SmartReplacement – A service where National General will replace your car in case of a total wreck or loss. What’s more, the company will also go the extra mile to help you easily find a new vehicle of your choice.
Aside from the SmartServices, the benefits you will get from the National General auto insurance company also include:
- One-day claims reporting
- Guaranteed claims service satisfaction
- Emergency expense allowance in case the plan holder has been stranded
- Flexible payment options so clients will not find it difficult to budget their car insurance expenses
Many National General branches have an excellent rating with the Better Bussiness Bureau.
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save
What Makes Clients Think Twice about National General?
At first glance, National General Insurance seems flawless. With the many perks and guaranteed claims satisfaction, there is nothing more that a client can ask for from an auto insurance provider.
But even if National General can be considered as a reliable car insurance provider, it is far from perfect.
For one, some clients are complaining about the company’s slow claims processing. True, plan holders can get $250 if they were not 100 percent satisfied with their claims processing. But the time that can be wasted because of slow processing cannot be taken lightly.
National General used to consistently receive A-minus status from the rating agency AM Best, was downgraded to triple B in 2009 because of the uncertainties surrounding the car and insurance industry.
After regrouping, changing their name and getting on solid footing again, their rating has been reestablished as A-.
The Cost of National General Car Insurance
To know for sure how much you need to pay for National General auto coverage, it is important that you compare car insurance quotes online.
Just like with all the other insurance providers, the rate of a car insurance plan varies due to several factors, which include the client’s driving history and credit rating.
However, if you decide to transfer from one car to National General, you will be given a discount of $382 per year.
Before you buy a product or sign up for auto coverage, it is important that you spend some time comparing different auto insurance services and quotes offered by different providers.
You need to familiarize yourself not only with the benefits but also the drawbacks of the car insurance company and policy that you plan to get.