Read on to learn about some of the differences between USAA and State Farm.
Use the free tool on this page to compare car insurance quotes today!
United Services Automobile Association (USAA) Background
USAA or the United Services Automobile Association offers auto, home, life, and personal property insurance.
USAA provides many services and financial products aside from insurance.
Their best offerings are mostly customer related:
- They have been ranked one of BusinessWeek magazine’s “Top Two Customer Service Champs” for three consecutive years.
- They offer lower rates than their competitors four out of five times, based on a countrywide survey of new customers.
- Military discounts and additional benefits are offered for veterans and active military personnel.
- USAA also offers a whole line of other financial services.
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save
Some of the various insurance and financial products that USAA offers includes:
- Credit cards
- Free checking accounts
- Free savings accounts
- Investment opportunities
State Farm Background
State Farm also offers several different types of insurance including automobile and boat, home, life, and private property.
State Farm can combine several policies into one owner’s policy that includes all of your insurance needs.
Some of their advantages:
- Rating – Excellent customer-rated auto insurance since 1922
- Discount Double Check – for new customers; provides a double check of all discounts available for the policy in question to ensure the customer gets the lowest price possible
- Pick Your Way to Pay program – allows you to pay online or by check, mail, or debit card or to choose lump sums or installment plans
- Integrated State Farm Bank system – with all normal banking functions like loans, free checking, savings accounts, investment opportunities, and lending accounts
Deciding Between State Farm and USAA
When comparing the two insurance companies, first prepare a list of what you need in a policy.
List the things that are most important in your life, so you can see what needs to be covered. Then compare the aforementioned advantages to help decide which company will meet the majority of your needs.
Find an agent you are comfortable with to guide you through the process, as having an agent you can talk to makes everything easier. It also helps to do a little of your own research on basic policies and what to expect from each company.
Save yourself some time and money; compare not only State Farm with USAA but also many different companies by using our free tool!