Free Car Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Sep 26, 2016
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
We strive to help you make confident insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We partner with top insurance providers. This doesn't influence our content. Our opinions are our own.
El Paso flourishes with manufacturing, medicine, food processing, IT and defense opportunities. The friendly neighborhoods of the city are equipped with the latest amenities for residents.
Many upcoming residential projects are aiming at including more facilities and services for the residents and visitors.
The city offers promising growth to outsiders who migrate with hopes of finding a better lifestyle. The low-cost lifestyle of the city is one of many factors that attract people to move to the city every year.
Like everywhere, owning a car is common with the people of El Paso. Due to the increased traffic congestion, many freeways have been built in the city.
Texas law requires every driver to be financially responsible for accidents they cause by purchasing liability car insurance.
El Paso Car Insurance Requirements
It is not wise to leave your life in the hands of fate especially when you are driving a vehicle. Accidents will take place with the ever-increasing traffic on the roads. According to the state’s rules, car insurance is mandatory for every vehicle owner.
In 2014 El Paso witnessed 12,597 auto accidents out of which there were 47 fatalities.
These figures are certainly not ignorable.
There several factors that go into determining your car insurance premiums. Here are a few of them:
- Kind of car you drive – Some cars are more desirable for thieves, so rates for insuring those vehicles will be higher. Cars that are more expensive to replace will also be more expensive to insure.
- Your personal life – Your personal status determines your insurance rates. Wondering how? Married young males are likely to pay lower premiums while teenagers and unmarried youth pay more for their car insurance. However, you can obtain better rates by doing a detailed research of the policies covered by different companies.
- Your driving history – Driving for years without any traffic violations will help you obtain lowers insurance premiums
El Paso Car Insurance Laws
The rules laid down by the State Legislature of Texas are similar to any other part of the country. Texas law demands a minimum amount of car insurance for any car you own and drive within El Paso.
In El Paso, there are two kinds of mandatory car insurance. Remember, they are not just options; they are mandatory policies, which every car owner must have while driving.
- Bodily Injury – Bodily injury covers the medical expenses that result from an accident where you are at fault. In Texas, you are required to carry $30,000 of protection per injured individual up to $60,000 total.
- Physical Damage – This insurance covers damages to the other party’s property that were caused by your vehicle. It only covers the physical damages and not the medical expenses incurred by the other party. Texas requires a minimum of $25,000 for physical damage coverage.
It is a must for every driver to check out the requirements and follow them correctly before driving.
The minimum insurance coverage mandated by the state may not be enough to truly protect you in the event of an accident. Here are a few of the many additional coverages you can purchase:
- Comprehensive – This will cover any damage done by hail, fire, hitting a deer, or colliding with any nonvehicular objects.
- Collision – This coverage will pay for damages to your own vehicle.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist – This coverage will protect you if the at-fault party does not have insurance.
El Paso Car Insurance Companies
El Paso has a number of car insurance companies that provide competitive rates. Insurance companies such as Farmers, Pan American Insurance, Brown & Brown, Wells Fargo, Travelers, GMAC, Bristol West and more offer you wide options in car insurance.
Other than the huge companies, many smaller car insurance agencies in El Paso can provide excellent service and rates, as well.
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Average El Paso Car Insurance Rates
For the residents of El Paso, the average rate of car insurance is about $1,025 per year, which is lower than the nation average.
Insurance rates are calculated by the insurance agents based on the following factors:
- Age of the car
- Education of the driver
- Driving experience
The rates are not the same with all the insuring companies. You can get estimates online by logging into any of the insurance company sites and entering the requested information.
El Paso Driving and Car Insurance Statistics
There are ways you can save money by securing car insurance.
- The 47 fatalities in car accidents in El Paso in the year 2014 suggest that you should get complete car insurance to protect your vehicle and yourself in case of any unforeseen road accidents.
- There were 794 auto thefts in El Paso in 2013, so consider adding comprehensive coverage to your policy.
- Teens were responsible for 12.2% of the fatal crashes in El Paso in 2010, so take a complete driving class before rushing out on the road. Remember, your driving skills can reduce your car insurance premiums, too.
Don’t become one of the accident statistics! Drive safe and be smart on the road!
Compare El Paso Car Insurance Quotes
It is always wise to compare the rates before getting your car insured with any of the companies. There are a few situations where the rates are likely to fluctuate or decrease.
- Age of the Driver – Teen drivers cost more to insure than middle-aged drivers.
- Size of the Car – The size and make of the car matter a lot when it comes to the vehicle coverage. Usually, sports cars and expensive big cars cost a lot to replace, so are expensive to cover. You can stick to small, non-flashy cars equipped with all the safety features to decrease premiums.
- Driving Skills – Skills of the driver can also be taken into consideration before insuring the vehicle.
To get the best deals on car insurance in El Paso, shop around, browse the internet, and look for discounts to get the best deal for your car and to make your vehicle and your family secure.