Find Car Insurance Quotes with Ease
Find car insurance by (1) comparing multiple quotes, (2) searching for hidden discounts, and (3) researching financial ratings and customer reviews before purchasing.
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Jan 26, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
- You should start by getting recommendations for car insurance from several sources
- Once you have some ideas about who you’d like to use as your insurer, you should research that company. Make sure they handle things in a manner satisfactory to you
- After you have chosen an insurer, it will be beneficial to find discounts that apply to you that they will accept
If you want to find car insurance that is affordable, you have to know the things that insurers consider when a customer applies for insurance. Car insurance is one of the most common financial products in the country, with the exception of a savings or bank account.
Get FREE car insurance rates with just your ZIP code in the above box now!
Since you are bound to need insurance if you drive, you must find a good insurer. Use the pointers below to find a stable provider that meets your needs.
How To Find Car Insurance Providers
There are hundreds of car insurance providers in every state. This offers you, the consumer, a wide range of options from which to choose. On the other hand, it also presents you with a daunting task of choosing one.
Potential insurers can be found from a number of sources including:
- Online – Search for insurance providers in your county or state on the internet. You can use the car insurance quotes search tool on this website to locate insurers in your area.
- Auto magazines – Check the classifieds section of your local auto magazines for insurers in your county.
- Recommendations from financial institutions – If you are financing your car, your bank can recommend a trustworthy insurer.
- Local auto body shop – Your local auto body shop manager can recommend a good insurer.
- Friends and family – Your colleagues at the workplace and family members can recommend insurers that they have worked with.
With hundreds of insurers to choose from, you have to find a company that will be worth working with.
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Enter your ZIP code below to view companies that have cheap car insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How To Choose Car Insurance Providers
With a few recommendations in hand, you have to find out which car insurance provider will be best for you.
Insurance companies offer different products and their premiums vary.
When deciding which insurer to go for, consider:
- Interest Rates On The Policy – Insurance policies come at different interest rates for different customers. If you have a clean driving record, drive few miles per year, live in a safe neighborhood, have security enhancements such as instant brakes and alarms, you qualify for lower insurance rates.
- Comparing The Quotes Offered – It is important to compare what each insurance company offers. You will be surprised at how much you can save by simply comparing the quotes from different companies. Use the search tool on this website to find quotes from different firms in your region.
- Handling Of Compensation Claims – When you are involved in an accident and need to be compensated by the insurance firm, you don’t need a long tug of war with the insurer. Find out the process that the insurer follows to investigate and settle claims before you buy a policy from them.
- Insurer’s Reputation – While some companies have established themselves firmly in the market, they rank very poorly when it comes to customer satisfaction. Check out your local county Insurance Customer Complaints department for any complaints about an insurer.
It is also advisable to find out whether the company is recognized by the Better Business Bureau. If it is not, stay away from it.
Tips on Lowering Your Car Insurance
- Fit An Alarm – Have an approved alarm and immobilizer fitted in your car. Any improvements you undertake on security will bring your car insurance costs down. If you have an expensive car, some insurers will require you to fit sophisticated tracking devices before they can insure your car.
- Check Your Mileage – Reduce your annual mileage coverage and also check to ensure you are not paying for mileage that you are not driving. For example, if you have recently retired, you may not need to drive as often as you did while you were working and this could save you money.
- Minimize The Optional Extras – There is no need to take out a policy covering a courtesy car or legal expenses if they are not really needed. These will increase your premium as the insurer will have to provide more in the event of an accident.
- Park Your Car In Safe Places – If you have a garage, park your car there.
This will reduce your premiums as more than half of car theft cases occur during the night.
If you do not have a garage, it is much safer to park your car in a driveway than on the road.
Find a Car Insurance Provider Online
You can easily find a car insurance firm online using the search tool on this website. With the tool, you can compare quotes from different insurers and thus save time on calling or emailing all the providers to ask for their quotes.
Simply type your ZIP code into the rate box at the bottom of this page, and find car insurance quotes today!