Friendly Car Insurance – Service with a Smile
Finding a friendly car insurance agent can help with the process of filing a claim. If you aren't getting friendly service from your agent you may want to consider switching insurers. With the current emphasis on customer service it shouldn't be too hard to find a friendly car insurance company.
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Jul 29, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
- Having a friendly agent can make the process of filing a claim much more relaxed
- You should expect friendly service from your agent, and if he/she doesn’t deliver, consider switching insurers
- Choose a company that has an easy-to-use website; that way, you can easily reach out for assistance and support anytime you need it
There are many things you can do online today, including shopping for car insurance. However, there are times you may need to talk to a car insurance agent directly and then you want someone who is friendly.
Get FREE car insurance rates with just your ZIP code now!
In most cases, you don’t need to deal with your insurance company on a regular basis. At least, in most preferred cases! However, if you have questions about your policy or your bill, you may need to talk to someone at the insurance company.
You may also need to talk to someone if you have to submit a claim. Following up with the claims process may also require some one-on-one conversations with your agent or customer service representative.
Electronic correspondence is important, but so is having a friendly car insurance agent in person or on the phone.
No matter how you communicate with your car insurance company, you should always feel like you are getting service with a smile.
What to Expect from a Car Insurance Agent
Sometimes car insurance agents have a bad reputation and are branded as ‘typical salesmen.’ The reason insurance agents may be viewed in this light is because people think insurance they are only trying to sell the most expensive coverage for their own benefit.
Car insurance is needed by everyone who drives a car. However, the agent may still be considered as the enemy when he tries to sell you more car insurance than you need.
Here are some areas to evaluate how your agent treats you as their customer.
- Rate the customer service of car insurance company partially on how they treat you personally. When you find a friendly car insurance agent that makes you feel comfortable, you can establish a relationship with him.
- If you have concerns about your policy or your bill, you have the right to talk to someone from the insurance agency and be treated with courtesy. You also have the right to expect quick and accurate responses.
- No one wants to think about having to deal with the claims process, but it is the reason we have car insurance. Therefore, if you end up needing to submit a claim, whether it is from hail damage or a collision on the highway, you should be able to get straight answers from your agent.
At no point in time, regardless of who is at fault for the collision, should the insurance company ever make you feel bad about the accident.
It is their job to make sure you have adequate coverage and to process your claims and pay according to your policy.
No matter what you are working on with your car insurance company, you should expect to be treated professionally. If you are not comfortable with your agent then you may need to consider finding a new one.
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Enter your ZIP code below to view companies that have cheap car insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
What to Expect from an Online Car Insurance Provider
Today, many people communicate electronically, but that doesn’t remove the human element from the relationship.
Emails are typed by people, so they should convey the same friendliness and helpfulness of a real life conversation. Responses should always be complete, detailed, and pleasant.
Websites should be easy to navigate to reduce frustration:
- They should also be set up so that everything you want to do can be completed simply.
- If you want to pay your car insurance bill, you should be able to go directly to the bill payment option.
- If you need to submit a claim, you should be able to get your instructions with just a couple of mouse clicks.
No website can ever take the human touch away from the service it is providing. Human interaction should be kept alive through chat sessions, emails, phone calls, and in-person visits so that you can truly feel like you are getting the friendly car insurance service you deserve.
Find Friendly Car Insurance Service
Some car insurance companies will have friendly service and some won’t. Most will have a mix of friendly people and not so friendly people within the organization. Finding a truly friendly car insurance service is part research and part luck.
The first thing a car insurance company should do is show compassion, and this usually needs to be at the onset if there is any chance at all of establishing a relationship.
If you request three quotes and two come back with a price range of $600 to $700 and one comes back as $1200, you have to wonder why that insurance company is so overpriced.
It could be price gouging, or it could very well be a legitimate quote, but when you think someone is trying to take advantage of you, it is hard to feel like they are being friendly. Car insurance should be competitive but comparable.
How do you shop around for car insurance? Compare car insurance quotes for FREE by entering your ZIP code into the box below now!