Free Car Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Aug 7, 2019
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
We strive to help you make confident insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We partner with top insurance providers. This doesn't influence our content. Our opinions are our own.
Many important decisions surround the acquisition of an automobile. Prior to finalizing the purchase, the wise driver is aware of the cost of automobile insurance.
Online quote websites are available to conduct basic comparison research. Insurance companies reach out to drivers through these powerful marketing tools.
Auto insurance comparisons can be conducted by gathering some basic information and investing some time in the process.
Use our free tool above to get instant car insurance quotes from companies near you!
Compare Insurance Companies
Every auto insurance company has different characteristics. Trusted insurance companies will provide guidance following a significant loss.
The A.M. Best Company evaluates every insurance company. Their website is an invaluable resource to find impartial information, including:
- Reputation – Insurers have track records of customer interaction. Complaints that are filed against a company are kept by the state and reported by A.M. Best Company.
- Claims record – After a loss, the policyholder must be confident that the insurer will pay valid claims. Ratings for each insurance company are provided in easily understood terms.
- Customer service – Local agents or central customer service departments are the two models that insurance companies use to interact with policyholders. Some people choose an insurer based on this model.
Accident and repair statistics are tracked to determine the actual costs the insurance companies will incur for each make and model.
Insurance companies assign annual premium rates to each car based on the perceived risk of loss.
- Make and model – Insurance quote request forms will ask for the make and model of the vehicle. Actual accident statistics are available through the Insurance Research Council website. You should stay away from these cars, they are the most expensive cars to buy car insurance for.
- Safety features – Anti-lock brakes, airbags and roll bars reduce the level of damage and bodily injury that occurs in an automobile accident. Insurance companies offer discounts for policies that insure vehicles with these safety features.
- Security devices – GPS tracking devices and locked ignitions reduce the risk of loss since they act as theft deterrence mechanisms. In high crime areas, insurance companies might require one or more of these devices prior to underwriting the insurance policy.
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Compare Auto Insurance Coverage
Annual premiums are based on the coverage limits set at the time the policy is underwritten.
All of the coverage components must be identical to provide an accurate comparison between the policies and the companies.
Initial quotes provided through the website are based on general information. The final premium is determined by additional factors that pertain to the drivers and vehicles.
- Full coverage – Collision and comprehensive auto insurance components will provide coverage for damage to the vehicle through collisions, vandalism, theft and storm damage. A policy that contains these two components is not comparable to the liability-only policy.
- Liability only – All 50 states require drivers to have liability insurance that is equal to or greater than the minimum amount. Insurance companies encourage all drivers to carry more than the required levels of liability auto insurance.
- Payout limits – Each auto insurance component will have a payout limit. All of these amounts must be identical to create a valid comparison for the online insurance shopper.
- Deductible – Every auto insurance policy contains an agreed-to amount that the driver will pay out of each claim. Higher deductible amounts save money for the insurance company. Raising the deductible on the policy will lower the annual premium.
Compare Policy Discounts
Insurance companies favor certain discounts in an effort to win more customers from the marketplace.
Discounts are unique, so the comparison process will require more time.
- Credit score and history – Insurers have conducted studies that tie responsible financial behaviors to fewer auto insurance claims. Anyone with a poor credit history will want to find an auto insurer that does not emphasize the credit score.
- Clean driving record – Moving violations and accidents on the driving record will raise the annual premium more than any other factor. Three years of incident-free driving will result in a lower insurance rate.
- Good student – Young drivers can find lower insurance rates from companies that offer this discount. Studies have proven that good students are more responsible behind the wheel.
- Driver’s training courses – Advanced training improves the skills required to avoid collisions. Insurance companies offer substantial discounts for teens and seniors who complete these classes.
Auto insurance quote websites will initiate the comparison process when the shopper enters some basic information. Once direct contact is made with each insurer, the cost of insurance will be revealed.
Savvy auto insurance shoppers invest time in this process because of the discounts that will be rewarded in the final stages.
All payout and deductible amounts must be identical to provide a valid comparison. Adjustments to one number will change the annual premium charged for the insurance policy.
Care must be exercised to set deductible amounts that are affordable for the policyholder.
Saving a few hundred dollars on annual premiums can cause severe financial hardship for those who can least afford large expenses following an automobile accident.
Looking for affordable car insurance quotes for FREE? Enter your ZIP code in our comparison tool below now!