Free Car Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Call for FREE quotes: (855) 425-8122
UPDATED: Jan 10, 2019
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
We strive to help you make confident insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We partner with top insurance providers. This doesn't influence our content. Our opinions are our own.
Car accidents happen. In fact, they happen nearly 90,000 times a day and Laredo car insurance can be the only thing protecting you from financial catastrophe. Unfortunately, most car insurance providers use difficult language to describe their insurance policies. This guide to Laredo car insurance will help you to better understand the terms of your insurance policy.
Compare Texas car insurance rates online by using our free search tool above!
Laredo: “The Gateway City”
The U.S. Census Bureau reported that the Laredo population was 236,091 in 2010. Laredo has earned the following distinctions that make it a unique city in the United States:
- Center for International Trade: More than 35% of Mexican international trade and 47% of U.S. international trade will cross the Laredo port of entry.
- Outstanding Business College: Laredo is home to Texas A&M International University (TAMIU). The Princeton Review named TAMIU as an outstanding business school and ranked TAMIU as 3rd in the nation in the following category: “Greatest Opportunity for Minority Students.”
- Population on the Border: Laredo is the 2nd most populous city on the Texas-Mexico border and the 3rd most populous city on the United States-Mexico border.
How to Get a Good Deal on Car Insurance in Laredo
Car insurance has become a big ticket item. So you will need to figure out how to keep costs down while still getting the protection you need. The following shopping tips will help you to do just that:
- Compare Quotes – Car insurance companies often charge different sums for the exact same coverage. Getting price quotes from several insurance companies will give you a true comparison of car insurance prices in Laredo.
- Comparison Shop Online – Calling each and every insurance company in Laredo for car insurance quotes can be very time-consuming. The fastest way to compare quotes for Laredo car insurance is to do it online. A consumer comparison website will allow you to compare quotes from many different insurance companies and it will only take 10 minutes. So save yourself a lot of time and aggravation by comparing quotes for Laredo car insurance online.
- Pay Your Premiums in a Lump Sum – If you can afford to it’s best to pay for your Laredo car insurance premium in a lump sum. Insurance companies add on more costs to your car insurance when you pay in quarterly or monthly car insurance installments.
- Insure All of Your Vehicles with the Same Company – Most insurance companies will give you a discount if you insure all of your vehicles with their company. In addition, if you cover both your car and home with them you could get a discount of up to 10 percent.
- Ask For a List of Discounts – Many insurance providers will not tell you about car insurance discounts unless you ask. Ask for a complete list of discounts available. You’ll be surprised by how much you can save by getting a few discounts.
Laredo Driving and Car Insurance Statistics
Each city has unique driving and car insurance statistics that are helpful to know about when considering how much car insurance you need to purchase to protect your finances. The following are some of those statistics:
The following are the Laredo car accident statistics for 2009 as reported by the Texas Department of Public Safety:
- Total Car Accidents: There were 5,160 reported car accidents in Laredo in 2009.
- Total Injuries in Car Accidents: Out of the 5,160 reported car accidents reported in 2009 there were 1,844 people injured in those accidents.
- Total Fatalities in Car Accidents:
The following are the Laredo alcohol related accident statistics for 2009 as reported by the Texas Department of Public Safety:
- Total Alcohol Related Accidents: 163
- Total Alcohol-Related Car Accident Injuries: 76
- Total Fatalities in Alcohol-Related Car Accidents: 3
Average Car Insurance Rates for Laredo Residents
Laredo residents pay on average $1,500 for car insurance annually. Texans car insurance averages are around $1,300.The average nationwide cost for car insurance is $1,400.
Agencies and Car Insurance Companies is Laredo
Laredo has thousands of car insurance companies and agencies. The following is a sample list of just some of the insurance companies and agencies you will find in Laredo:
Remember that it’s best to compare quotes online to get the best prices on Laredo car insurance.
Loredo Car Insurance Requirements
Every state has different laws about car insurance coverage. The following are the laws and requirements in the state of Texas about car insurance coverage:
Liability car insurance is mandatory in Laredo. The state of Texas requires that you have the following amounts of liability coverage:
- Property Damage: The state of Texas requires that you have $25,000 worth of property damage liability coverage.
- Bodily Injury: The state of Texas requires that you carry $30,000 for bodily injury or death to one person per accident. In addition, you have to carry $60,000 to cover bodily injury or death to two or more people per accident.
There are other optional Laredo car insurance policies that are worth considering if you would like added protection. The following is a brief explanation of each type of policy:
- Collision Insurance: Collision insurance pays for damages to your car in the event of an accident.
- Medical Payment Insurance: This coverage provides reimbursement of medical costs if you are in a car accident.
- Uninsured and Underinsured Insurance: This coverage protects you if you are in a car accident with an uninsured or underinsured driver. The coverage will only cover you if the other driver is declared to be at fault.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Comprehensive coverage will cover your losses in the event of the following: car theft, fire, falling objects, explosion, collision with an animal, windstorm, water, hail, flood, glass breakage, vandalism, riots, or malicious mischief.
In conclusion, Laredo car insurance is a must no matter what type of car you own. The simplest and fastest way to find the best prices for Laredo car insurance is to compare quotes online.
Enter your ZIP code below and find Texas car insurance rates right now!