FREE Car Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
It seems pretty self-evident that saving on car insurance requires some research, but where do you go to compare insurance rates? That’s a question a lot of people ask themselves when it’s time to take out a new policy or renew an existing one.
Knowing where to go and how to find the best insurance rates is no secret. It’s simply a matter of doing the following:
- learning how to look
- knowing what to look for
- understanding how to ask the right questions
Before the onset of the digital age, we used to compare car insurance by setting aside several hours to get on the phone and call individual providers.
The truly daring among us would even consider driving from one local agent to the next where we would sit down and get individual quotes in person.
While those old methods used to work, they were incredibly time-consuming and tiring. But thanks to the Internet, we can do the same thing today much faster and easier.
Is the Internet the best place to go to compare car insurance?
Some would argue that all one needs to get the best car insurance rates is a computer and Internet access; others would argue that it takes a little more than that. Regardless, the Internet is the best place to at least get started.
There are an almost unlimited number of car insurance companies and websites, including the one you’re on right now, that open the door to comparing insurance rates by offering free search tools.
By simply entering your zip code, the car insurance quote tool scans the rates posted by insurance providers in your area and presents them to you for your perusal.
Searching this way will not provide you an exact number you can take to the bank. Instead, this is a baseline figure to get you started down the road of finding the final price.
By taking the top two or three companies on your list, you now have some direction as to who to contact directly for more details.
Just remember that the final price may be somewhat higher depending on your particular circumstances.
FREE Car Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
What kinds of questions will I be asked if I use an online quote tool for comparing car insurance?
- Zip code – The first thing that you are going to be asked is your zip code. This will ensure that any quotes that you receive are geared towards you specifically and the place that you live.
- Vehicle information – The next set of questions is going to be about the vehicle for which you need a quote. You will need to know the year your vehicle was made, the make, the model, the trim, for what you are using the vehicle, and how many approximate miles you drive a year.
- Coverage level – The next step requires you to enter in the amount of coverage for which you are looking. If you have a current insurance policy, simply use those numbers as this will give you an accurate comparison.
- Personal information – The next portion of this step asks things like your age, gender, birthday, marital status, education level, what you do for a living, and your general credit rating. This is the area that will help ensure that you get a quote that includes most of the standard discounts available.
- Household information – If you are married and your spouse will be driving your vehicle, you will be required to put in their information at this time. Again, long-term insurance ownership can actually qualify you for another discount.
- Contact information – Lastly, you will need to provide your contact information. No one is going to hassle you, but this is the way that the company can be sure that you are a real person requesting a quote and not some automated service.
If I still have to contact the insurance company personally, why bother searching online?
This is a very good question, and one that can be answered if you think in terms of products at your local department store. If you’re thinking about buying your child a bike, for example, you go to the store with an idea of how much money you can afford to spend.
The first thing you do is scan the price tags so you can limit your search to the ones you can afford. Only then do you begin comparing the options to see what they offer.
Searching and comparing car insurance quotes online works much the same way. A zip code allows you to eliminate providers that don’t offer car insurance in your state.
It gives you a list of companies, along with baseline quotes, so that you can eliminate companies you know you’re not interested in.
With a short list in hand, you can then begin to compare the remaining companies to find out what each one offers and at what price. Doing things this way saves you from wasting time on those insurance providers you’re unlikely to do business with.
Can I still compare car insurance rates the old way?
Certainly, the old methods of getting on the telephone or driving from agency to agency still work.
In fact, many older people who are not comfortable with the Internet and the digital age do just that.
Insurance companies and local agencies are more than happy to deal with you in person if that makes you comfortable.
Just be willing to spend quite a bit more time doings things this way.
Also, understand that searching for car insurance rates online is not a substitute for being responsible enough to investigate all of our options. What types of coverage individual companies will provide us will vary from one to the next, as do their prices.
Finding the absolute best price for car insurance requires that we research the three or four companies on our short list and get all the details about what they’re offering.
If you put the effort and time into thorough research, you’ll be able to find the insurance companies that offer you the best products at the best prices.
They say that information is power; this is certainly true when it comes to car insurance. Do the research, get your information, and make sure you always have the lowest car insurance rate possible.
There’s no need to go anywhere else to compare car insurance quotes; just enter your ZIP code into our FREE search tool now!