FREE Car Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Far from the days of Catherine McCarty, Wichita, Kansas is now a bustling town where drivers need Wichita car insurance!.
Taking part in distinctive entertainment, live concerts, and night club life is easy to do with Kansas Car Insurance. For instance, places like the Kansas Grown Farmers Market is conveniently located in two areas, including the Sedgwick County Extension on West 21st Street North and the Green Acre Market on East 21st North.
However, many residents that have Wichita Car insurance take full advantage of the historical charm of Old Wichita. With places such as the Artists at Old Town, Hotel at Old Town Conference Center, and Doc Howards, it’s no wonder that many have called Wichita, Kansas their home.
Enter your zip code above to compare FREE car insurance quotes among three to four companies!
Wichita Car Insurance Requirements
What are the car insurance requirements for private vehicle owners that need Wichita Car Insurance? Wichita Kansas has the same requirements for motorist coverage as the Kansas State requirements. Even so, three forms of Wichita car insurance coverage is required to operate a car within the legal bounds of the state.
These requirements include having liability coverage, uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, and additional personal injury protection.
It is important to follow these regulations because the state of Kansas operates under the no-fault insurance system.This means that car insurance companies are financially responsible regardless of which driver is at fault in an accident.
Wichita Kansas residents will need to meet the following requirements to stay compliant with state rules:
- Private passenger vehicles will need to obtain $10,000 for property damage for each collision that occurs.
- $25,000 per person for bodily injury is also required under liability coverage law.
- $50,000 is also required for aggregate protection to cover bodily injury for all persons in a single collision.
FREE Car Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Personal Injury Protection Coverage Requirements
In addition to liability coverage, Kansas residents also need to uphold the following:
- Personal injury protection requirements include having $4,500 rehabilitation costs.
- $2,000 is also required for any expenses associated with cremations, burials, or funerals that are a result of an accident.
- Personal Injury Protection Coverage must also include a minimum of $25 for one year for any costs associated with necessary in-home care services.
- Personal Injury Protection law for Wichita Car Insurance also requires that private vehicle owners must also have $900 per month in coverage for disability or for loss of income for an entire year.
- $4,500 per individual for any necessary medical expenses.
In addition, residents are required to have Uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage. Under this policy, it must consist of a minimum of $50,000 per collision protection. This coverage must also include $25,000 for any person involved in the accident.
Wichita Car Insurance Laws
The Kansas car insurance law states that insurance companies must provide notice to the Kansas Department of Motor Vehicles in the event that a private vehicle owner’s insurance lapses or expires.
In any case, drivers are required to show acceptable proof of financial responsibility if pulled over for any reason.
Drivers can show financial responsibility for their insurance, by providing proof of an insurance identification certificate from an approved Kansas State insurance company, or by providing a self-insured certificate.
Penalties for failure to maintain Wichita Car Insurance and show financial responsibility can have severe consequences. Residents that have a lapse in Wichita Car Insurance should know that this lapse is considered a Class B Misdemeanor, and they might not be able to get car insurance.
The following penalties apply when residents fail to follow these regulations:
- Fines associated with failing to provide financial responsibility for Wichita Car Insurance for the first time are upwards of $1,000.
- If residents go without paying the first-offense fine, then a higher risk will be assigned to the driver, and they will have to serve six months in jail.
- Residents that receive a second offense within three years of the first offense be required to pay an additional fine of $2500 and will risk license suspension and the loss of car registration.
Wichita Car Insurance Companies
- Safeco Company is located on East First St. North, West 13th Street and North Amidan. They offer basic insurance policies including liability and permissive user coverage. They also offer physical damage protection, personal injury protection or medical coverage and comprehensive coverage.
- The MetLife Auto Company is located on East 21st Street, West Douglas, and North Water. They offer complete coverage and benefits including liability and collision coverage, a deductible savings benefits for good drivers, full replacement costs for total losses, and multi-policy discounts.
- The Auto-Owners Company is located on Commercial Street, East Kellogg Drive, and East Douglas Ave. They offer minimal coverage policies, and several car insurance discounts including a safety discounts, student discounts, paid in full discounts, and green car discounts.
- The Foremost Company is located on North Maize Road, North Rock Road and West 31st Street. They offer basic coverage such as bodily injury and liability coverage, towing and labor coverage, rental reimbursement coverage, and fire and theft coverage.
- State Auto Insurance is located on East Central Ave, West Central Ave, and North Waco. They offer several programs for Wichita Car Insurance, including the Custom Fit Auto Program for basic coverage options and the Prime of Life Program for those that are over 45 years of age, and the Auto Replacement Cost Coverage Program for total losses.
Wichita Car Insurance Agencies
- The Andy Woodward Insurance Agency is located on North Tyler Road. This company offers auto rental insurance coverage, bodily injury coverage, business auto coverage, and collectible Wichita Car Insurance coverage. They also offer fault or no-fault coverage, glass repair and replacement, and medical payments coverage.
- Afford-a-Surance is located on West Douglas Ave. As an independent insurance agency, they offer SR 22 coverage, DUI ticket and accident coverage and other programs for hard to ensure drivers.
- Pam Kirtley Insurance Agency offers deductible rewards, safe driving bonuses, new car replacements, and accident forgiveness. This agency is located on West13th Street.
- The M& M Insurance Associates is located on East Douglas Avenue. M & M Insurance Associates offers Wichita Car Insurance for basic and full coverage policies from companies such as Allstate, the Fireman’s Fund, MetLife Auto & Home and Safeco.
- The Madrigal & Welch Insurance agency on Lulu Street offers Chubb Insurance, Allstate, and Safeco Insurance policy options. They also offer Hartford Insurance and Victoria Insurance Policies.
Wichita Driving and Car Insurance Statistics
More than 93 percent of car crashes in Wichita, Kansas are caused by male drivers, while less than 8 percent of car crashes are caused by female drivers. The average speed that cars are going before a crash in Wichita is 30 miles per hour. Take the time to compare car insurance accident statistics!
Yet, 20 percent of accidents within Wichita, Kansas are caused by persons within the 35 to 44 age group. Yet, 19 percent of accidents are caused by persons within the 25 to 34 age group.
Responsible Wichita Car Insurance holders should consider upgrading their policy to include uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage because more than 9 percent of drivers within the Kansas State area are uninsured.
Compare Wichita Car Insurance Quotes
Comparing Wichita Car Insurance is easy when you conduct an internet search. You can find both regional and national auto insurance companies that provide you with the best car insurance coverage of both liability and full coverage options before you move to the area.
You can purchase car insurance from four distinct companies including a direct insurance company, an Internet broker, a representative agency, and an independent agency.