The average Honda Civic insurance cost is $1,388 per year but of course that is just an estimate and you can pay a lot less or a lot more depending on many different factors.
Read on to learn all about finding the best auto insurance for a Honda Civic and then be sure to enter your ZIP code in above for FREE Honda Civic car insurance quotes!
Right up there with Honda Accords, Honda Civics deliver exceptional value, quality, and performance. As another of the cars generally included among the five most popular vehicles in America every year, the Honda Civic vies with its cousin the Accord and several other models for best selling car on an annual basis. When you begin to look for Honda Civic insurance rates, enter your ZIP code into our ZIP code search and save!
Those considering purchasing a new Honda Civic will probably wonder how much they will be required to come out of pocket for insurance if they purchase this desirable new vehicle. As one might expect, the solution revolves around different considerations for each individual. Yet some things are predictable variables which car insurance companies will take into account, such as Safety Options, Security Options, and Performance Options. Find your Honda Civic insurance rate with our comparison tool! We would love to help you save money!
Honda Civic Safety Options
When trying to find insurance for a Civic, it is important to take a look at your car’s safety features!
Safety features can discount your insurance.
Honda Civics include the following safety options equipped on each vehicle, as follows:
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD) – featuring standard four wheel anti-locking disc brakes, including a proprietary system of Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD), that help the operator to keep control of his or her car even in adverse driving conditions.
- Dual-Stage, Multiple-Threshold Front Airbags (SRS)
- Front Side Airbags with Passenger-Side Occupant Position Detection System (OPDS)
- Side Curtain Airbags – Accords include typical side front, front,and side curtain airbags that reduce the chances of being injured when an accident happens.
- Front 3-Point Seat Belts with Automatic Tensioning System
- Front Passenger’s and Driver’s Engaged Head Restraints
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure – featuring a Honda proprietary body design which increases passenger safety and crash compatibility in front end collisions.
Concerning safety options, insurance companies reward vehicles which include anti-lock braking systems and more than one simple airbag system when they consider car insurance prices. Such cars are typically rewarded with discounts to the standard insurance rates.
Honda Civic Security Options
Some security features can lower insurance premiums on Honda Civics. A number of Honda Civic models include the subsequent useful security option, as follows:
- Security system with remote entry – these come equipped on many models of Honda Civics
Concerning security options, insurance companies like to reward vehicles which have protective security systems.
Save money on insurance rates for a Honda Civic by making sure you have the proper safety features.
Honda Civic Performance Options
Performance is key in this world! Honda Civics include a number of good performance options, as follows:
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) – alerts the car operator to the fact that one or more of his or her tires is in need of additional air.
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control – ascertains if the driver has over-steered or under-steered and helps with braking possibly one or many of the affected wheels, as well as slowing down the engine speed, so that the driver can once again have control of his or her vehicle and stay on their desired course.
- Advanced Braking Systems – include potent braking capabilities using both front disc and rear drum brakes on all models.
Concerning such performance based options, insurance companies generally reward vehicles that have means included which help drivers to sidestep accidents while on the road, such as advanced breaking systems on front and rear wheels. These features can help you save greatly on your Honda insurance rates!
Honda Civic Car Insurance Rates
Car shoppers should remember this: it is essential that you shop around to better compare quotes from numerous differing insurance companies, in order to be capable of obtaining the lowest car insurance premiums for their Honda Civic. When looking for Honda Civic auto insurance, make sure you properly use our search by entering your ZIP code.
So, is Honda Civic insurance high? Well, it all depends on your personal situation. If you have a teenage driver and they are purchasing insurance for the first time for their new Honda Civic then, yes, it will likely seem high.
There are also other factors that affect the cost of Honda Civic car insurance rates. Did you know that Florida Honda Civic insurance rates could end up being dramatically different than New York Honda Civic Car Insurance rates or Texas Honda Civic car insurance rates or California Honda Civic insurance rates or, well, you get the picture! Sometimes even moving less than 50 miles away can result in much different rates.
On top of the geographic reasons for different rates, there is the issue of rates changing over time. 2013 Honda Civic insurance rates will be different than 2014 Honda Civic insurance rates. So, be sure that you compare quotes often!
Even though numerous varying considerations factor in to the calculations of Honda Civic insurance premiums, a typical amount which the average consumer looking for this type of car insurance should be prepared to spend is about $1,388. Remember that this is simply an estimate, and that the Honda Civic insurance premiums will alternate not simply from one region to the next, but also from one state to the next, and even from one city to the next.
Then, average Honda Civic LX insurance rates will differ from the Honda Civic Si Coupe insurance rates. Find average insurance for the specific Honda Civic that you have by taking the time to compare rates!
Enter your ZIP for FREE Honda Civic auto insurance quotes in the box at the bottom of the page!