As one of the cars included among the five most popular vehicles in America every year, the Honda Civic vies with its cousin the Accord and several other models for best selling car on an annual basis.
Those considering purchasing a new Honda Civic will probably wonder how much they will be required to pay out of pocket for insurance.
As one might expect, the solution revolves around different considerations for everyone.
Enter your zip code above to receive car insurance quotes from multiple companies!
Honda Civic Safety Options
When trying to find insurance for a Civic, it is important to take a look at your car’s safety features!
Safety features can lower your car insurance premiums.
Honda Civics are equipped with the following safety features:
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD), which helps the operator keep control of the car even in adverse driving conditions
- Dual-Stage, Multiple-Threshold Front Airbags (SRS)
- Front Side Airbags with Passenger-Side Occupant Position Detection System (OPDS)
- Side Curtain Airbags that reduce the chances of being injured when an accident happens
- Front 3-Point Seat Belts with Automatic Tensioning System
- Front Passenger’s and Driver’s Engaged Head Restraints
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure featuring a Honda proprietary body design which increases passenger safety and crash compatibility in front-end collisions
Concerning safety options, insurance companies reward vehicles which include anti-lock braking systems and more than one simple airbag system when they consider car insurance prices.
Such cars are typically rewarded with discounts to the standard insurance rates.
Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save
Honda Civic Security Options
Some security features can lower insurance premiums on Honda Civics. Some Honda Civic models include a security system with remote entry and auto-lock.
Insurance companies like to reward vehicles that have protective security systems. You can save money on insurance rates for a Honda Civic by making sure you have the proper safety features.
Honda Civic Performance Options
Performance is key in this world! Honda Civics include a number of excellent performance options, including:
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) – Alerts the car operator to the fact that one or more of his or her tires is in need of additional air
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control – Ascertains if the driver has over-steered or under-steered and helps with braking possibly one or many of the affected wheels, as well as slowing down the engine speed, so that the driver can once again have control of his or her vehicle and stay on the desired course
- Advanced Braking Systems – Include potent braking capabilities using both front disc and rear drum brakes on all models
Insurance companies generally reward vehicles that have means included which help drivers sidestep accidents while on the road, such as advanced braking systems on front and rear wheels.
These features can help you save greatly on your Honda insurance rates.
Honda Civic Car Insurance Rates
Car shoppers should remember this: it is essential that you shop around to better compare quotes from numerous differing insurance companies in order to obtain the lowest car insurance premiums for their Honda Civic.
If you have a teenage driver and they are purchasing insurance for the first time for their new Honda Civic, their coverage will likely seem high.
There are also other factors that affect the cost of Honda Civic car insurance rates.
Did you know that Florida Honda Civic insurance rates could end up being dramatically different than New York or Texas? Sometimes even moving less than 50 miles away can result in substantially varied rates.
On top of the geographic reasons for different rates, there is the issue of rates changing over time. Insurance rates for a 2013 Honda Civic will be different from a 2014 model. For this reason, you need to compare quotes often!
Even though numerous varying considerations factor into the calculations of Honda Civic insurance premiums, a typical amount is about $1,388.
Remember that this is simply an estimate and that Honda Civic insurance premiums will alternate not simply from one region to the next, but also from one state to the next, and even from one city to the next.
Enter your zip code below to access car insurance rates from companies in your area today!