If you’ve watched the television or listened to the radio lately, you might have noticed that there are frequent advertisements for Ohio car insurance companies that claim they can save you hundreds of dollars every year if you just switch from your current provider.
Ohio Car Insurance Rates
It’s important to understand that no matter which Ohio insurance company you’re considering, your Ohio car insurance rates will be determined by a similar set of criteria:
- Driving record
- Make/model of car
- Location where the car is stored
Ohio Car Insurance Discounts
Many Ohio car insurance companies will also offer discounts for drivers that are homeowners, those who purchase multiple policies, going a whole year without a ticket or accident, drivers that order their policy online, and young drivers with good grades at school. The only catch is that you must ask your representative about these policies in advance of purchasing coverage.
Ohio Car Insurance Requirements
All the states have different requirements when it comes to making a car legal to drive on the roads and highways, and in Ohio, all drivers are required to carry liability insurance. This type of policy will cover the cost of most damages and medical expenses incurred by another driver, in the event that you are found to have caused the accident. Minimum car insurance limits in Ohio are:
- $12,500 for the medical expenses of a single driver
- $25,000 for total medical expenses of all the passengers in the vehicle
- $7,500 for any public or private property damages caused by the accident
Understanding Additional OH Auto Insurance Coverage
Although liability insurance at the levels specified above are the only requirements that the state of Ohio has to be able to operate a vehicle legally on their roadways, it’s important to point out that none of this coverage will help to pay for your medical expenses or damages to your car in the event of any accident. Because of the astronomical cost of both health care and car repairs, drivers are encouraged to consider additional coverage such as:
- Collision coverage for repairs up to the total value of the vehicle
- Gap insurance coverage for cars totaled while under lien that are worth less than the total value of the loan
- Uninsured motorist insurance for drivers that ignore the law and are involved in an accident without any insurance coverage whatsoever
Ohio Car Insurance Quotes Online
Start comparing Ohio car insurance quotes online by entering your zip code in the box below!