Free Car Insurance Comparison
Compare quotes from the top car insurance companies and save!
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Drivers can save $859/yr* by comparing car insurance
*based on a survey of 1,000 car insurance customers
Car Insurance Comparison
Are you plagued with questions about car insurance? Questions like: What is the best insurance comparison site? How do I find the best car insurance rates? What insurance company has the best rates? What’s the the best way to compare car insurance quotes?
Well, you have come to the right place to CarInsuranceComparison.com because let’s face it — choosing car insurance can be a chore. It’s very time-consuming when you can’t compare quotes all in one place.
Unfortunately, since car insurance is required by law in almost every state and not having car insurance can really create more trouble than you need, it is critical to thoroughly compare car insurance before buying a policy.
It is important to know why you need to do a thorough auto insurance comparison, what you should be comparing, and how to evaluate your results to make the best selection.
Read on to learn the best way to compare car insurance rates, but if you just want to hop right to it begin your car insurance quotes comparison online, then there is no need to wait to buy car insurance ASAP!
Just enter your zip code on the top of this page for a free comparison of car insurance quotes from top car insurance companies near you!
Why You Need a Thorough Car Insurance Quotes Rate Comparison
Most of us make the mistake of thinking that car insurance policies are pretty much the same. “I just need to pick the policy with the best price and I’m good to go.” Nothing could be further from the truth.
While finding cheap car insurance is important (and we will tell you exactly how to do just that), each car insurance company (and there are a bunch of them out there) has many different policy types.
Each policy may have different levels of coverage, options, incentives, and discounts.
Take a few moments and get online quotes for cheap car insurance with a few of the best car insurance providers side-by-side, and you will see exactly why this is so important.
Also, the cost associated with each of these policies can vary greatly depending on the company you choose and the policy type, coverage amount, and any other of a dozen different options you might select.
Check out our auto insurance comparison chart then just enter your zip above for a free online car insurance quote comparison.
To make it even more interesting, consider that different cars models have different car insurance rates. If you have thought about comparing car insurance rates for different cars before buying one then you are already way ahead of the curve. Just enter your zip code above to get started.
What did you say?
We are the best car insurance quotes comparison site?
You make us blush!…
In all seriousness, you may get sick of hearing the often simplistic sounding advice from us to “compare free car insurance quotes online by just entering in your zip code” or to “do your homework and do an online insurance comparison of rates from all of the best car insurance companies.”
But hey, if a few minutes comparing quotes online ends up saving you $250 or more then it all works out quite nicely, doesn’t it?
What You Need to Consider in Your Car Insurance Comparison
The key issues you need to prioritize include
- The level of insurance coverage you need,
- The amount of money you can afford to pay for your car insurance, and
- The type of insurance company you want to do business with.
First, when you consider the level of insurance coverage you need you will need to do an honest evaluation of:
- Your driving habits,
- Your driving environment, and
- Your financial situation (i.e., how much costs could you afford with an accident/claim?)
Comparing policies from different car insurance companies is simple with our free car insurance comparison tool but keeping your head in the game and weighing all of your options is important to really save the big bucks and find an affordable car insurance policy.
Your driving habits matter. It also matters how, when, and where you drive. Since insurance companies will evaluate these factors, you should as well. Be honest with yourself:
- If you regularly drive past the speed limit,
- If your daily drive includes major interstates and thoroughfares, or
- If your commute is an hour each way through a populous city
then you might want to consider a higher level of coverage because you are in a higher risk category.
What that means is that your driving behavior, either good or bad will affect your chances of being classified as a high or low insurance risk.
This is important because if you realize your driving risk category, you can make a more informed decision on whether you need basic coverage or a policy that includes every option known to man.
Some companies realize that even a good drive can have an accident and offer accident forgiveness policies if you are usually a good driver.
The driving environment includes more than just the area you drive through each day. You need to consider:
- If you will be parking your vehicle on the street or if it will be locked in a garage,
- If you will be parking in any high crime areas or areas known for a high volume of vehicle accidents, or
- If the car you drive is a vehicle commonly targeted for theft.
Other considerations like if you have an alarm system or Lojack device installed can make a difference when deciding if you want coverage for theft of the vehicle. Installation of anti-theft devices will most likely lower your rates.
One of the biggest considerations when choosing any particular policy is to analyze how much cost you can afford in the event of an accident/claim.
How much you can afford can greatly affect how much coverage you can obtain as well as what type of company you can purchase from.
There are companies that will offer you basic liability coverage for a very small monthly payment, there are companies that offer platinum level coverage options for payments that might make some executives flinch.
You’ll need to find out where you fall between these two extremes — just remember that you often get what you pay for.
Also, when you’re researching policies and providers, ask about any and all discounts, incentives, or promotions each company might have to save you money on your policy.
Surprisingly, a high coverage/high dollar policy can become affordable after deducting all possible discounts, adding all available incentives, and taking advantage of any promotions offered.
Finally, you will need to think about the type of service and stability you want from the insurance company you will be doing business with.
Despite the fact that insurance is one of the few products consumers purchase yet never want to use, it is inevitable that you will need to file a claim at some point.
When you do, you want to know that the insurance company you have been paying premiums to is still around to service that claim.
In addition, when they do service the claim you file, will they treat you as a valued customer, or an expense that needs to be settled?
You will want to know what type of service history the company enjoys, is this the type of company you could recommend to your mom or best friend? If so, there is a good chance it could be the company for you.
Evaluating Your Car Insurance Comparison Data
Once you have decided what coverage you want, how much you want to pay, and what type of company you want to service your insurance needs, you will need to gather data on the different companies that fit the bill.
Our comparison tool above is one great resource. Just a few clicks and you will have side-by-side comparison information ready for you to evaluate.
Once you are here, decide on your priorities. You can rank price, coverage, and service/brand stability from one to three. Use this weighted list to narrow down the field to one or two really good choices.
When your short list of car insurance companies is finished, no matter which option you select, you can be assured that your needs and wants will be met.
One final note: car insurance companies change rates regularly and often give considerable incentives to win new business from other companies.
So, once you have your short list of preferred insurance companies, don’t be afraid to go back and re-shop your options. We recommend you re-shop your rate and policy about every six months or so with your current provider.
Here are some car insurance factors to compare:
- Age & Gender
- Driving record
- Credit score
- Policy Type
See how car insurance differs by state (just a single factor) below:
Get Free Car Insurance Quotes and Compare Rates!
One thing is certain, we all need car insurance. If you have to have it, doesn’t it make sense to get the coverage you need, at the price you can afford, and with a company you feel you can truly count on?
Shopping car insurance may be a chore, but as important as being insured is, you will definitely want to take the time to do it right. Spend just a few quick minutes to enter your zip code into the box above and get started with your free car insurance quote comparison today!
- Recent Articles
- Compare Kia Car Insurance Rates 
- Compare Dodge Car Insurance Rates 
- Disabled Veteran Car Insurance Discounts 
- Compare Fiat Car Insurance Rates 
- Compare Jeep Car Insurance Rates 
- Compare Honda Car Insurance Rates (2023)
- Compare Chrysler Car Insurance Rates 
- Compare Infiniti Car Insurance Rates 
- Compare Hyundai Car Insurance Rates 
- Compare Volvo Car Insurance Rates 
- Compare Land Rover Car Insurance Rates 
- Compare Bentley Car Insurance Rates 
- Compare Maryland Car Insurance Rates 
- Compare Kentucky Car Insurance Rates 
- How Occupation Affects Car Insurance Rates (Education, Discounts, & Rates)
- Compare Indiana Car Insurance Rates 
- Compare Hawaii Car Insurance Rates 
- Compare Car Insurance for a Second Car: Rates, Discounts, & Requirements 
- What vehicles are exempt from car insurance requirements?
- Compare Short-Term Car Insurance: Rates, Discounts, & Requirements 
- Benefits of Having Car Insurance Through Progressive
- Car Insurance Pleasure Driving: Explained Simply
- Why do some car insurance companies only write six-month policies?
- Compare Car Insurance for Track Days: Rates, Discounts, & Requirements 
- Can a car be parked on a public road with no insurance?
- Can you ask your insurance company to total your car? (Negotiate a Write-Off)
- How long do car repairs take after an accident?
- GAP Insurance Pricing and Coverage
- Progressive Car Rental Discounts 
- Car Insurance Deductible: Explained Simply
- Discount Car Insurance: Ways to Save
- If You Do Not See Workers in a Work Zone, You Could Be in Serious Trouble
- Compare Mercury Car Insurance Rates (2023)
- Compare Ferrari Car Insurance Rates (2023)
- Compare Ford Car Insurance Rates (2023)
- Compare Isuzu Car Insurance Rates 
- Compare Audi Car Insurance Rates (2023)
- Compare Suzuki Car Insurance Rates 
- Understanding Your Car Insurance Policy (Complete Guide)
- Compare Subaru Car Insurance Rates 
- Compare Jaguar Car Insurance Rates 
- Compare Illinois Car Insurance Rates 
- Compare Toyota Car Insurance Rates 
- Compare Rolls-Royce Car Insurance Rates 
- Compare Lincoln Car Insurance Rates (2023)
- Compare Aston Martin Car Insurance Rates 
- Compare Volkswagen Car Insurance Rates 
- Compare Cadillac Car Insurance Rates 
- Compare Acura Car Insurance Rates (2023)
- Compare Dodge Journey Car Insurance Rates