FREE Car Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Compare quotes from the top car insurance companies and save!
Comparing Mississippi auto insurance providers is key when trying to find the best Mississippi car insurance rates.
Almost every state in the United Stated has a policy requiring drivers to carry some sort of insurance policy in order to operate their vehicles legally on the roads and highways.
Mississippi is no exception to this rule, and if you’re thinking about moving to Mississippi or simply purchasing a car there, it’s important that you understand these requirements and how to best fulfill them.
Read on the learn all about car insurance coverage and then enter your zip in above to start comparing Mississippi car insurance rates today!
Mississippi Auto Insurance Requirements
In the state of Mississippi, drivers must carry a minimum liability policy to protect other drivers in the event that the insured causes an accident. Minimum levels are:
- $25,000 for the personal injuries suffered by a single driver
- $50,000 to cover the combined medical expenses of all of the occupants of the vehicle
- $25,000 to pay for any property damages caused by the accident (including those inflicted on the victim’s car)
What About the Damages to Your Car?
As you might have realized by now, carrying only the minimum required levels of liability coverage will make it legal for you to drive on Mississippi roads, but it will not provide you with any compensation in the event that you are injured, or your car is damaged in an accident.
If you want to make sure that you don’t have to pay out of pocket for car repairs or go without medical attention, you should also consider:
- Collision/comprehensive coverage
- Gap insurance (if you still owe money on a car loan)
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance
Choosing a Mississippi Car Insurance Provider
Now that you’re aware of the insurance that you’re required to have and the insurance that you should consider having, it’s important to discuss how to evaluate insurance companies so that you can choose the right one for your budget and coverage needs.
Choose an insurance provider who offers:
- Affordable rates with quality coverage (all the coverage you need without overcharging)
- Good customer service (prompt, understanding representatives)
- An upstanding reputation (good review and ratings in Mississippi)
- Quick, efficient claims handling (online, over the phone, in-person, holidays/weekends)
Looking for Mississippi Car Insurance Discounts
In the state of Mississippi, many companies offer discounts on auto insurance to drivers that meet certain criteria. Some common situations that allow for a special discount include:
- Purchasing multiple policies with the same insurer
- Safe driving record
- Age or gender
- Length of driving experience
- Staying with the company for a certain number of years
- Students with good grades
Comparing Mississippi Car Insurance Rates Online
You can compare Mississippi car insurance rate quotes online in a snap — just enter your zip code below to start right now!