FREE Car Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Compare quotes from the top car insurance companies and save!
What are some ways to keep New Mexico car insurance costs down? These days, everyone is looking for new and creative ways to keep their everyday living costs to a minimum.
Although you may be opting for an energy efficient compact car rather than a gas-guzzling SUV, you’ll still have to do a little searching to make sure you get a car insurance policy that is right for your budget.
Be sure to enter your zip code into the free tool on this page to start comparing quotes and finding the best New Mexico car insurance today!
Finding the Best New Mexico Auto Insurance Policy
When shopping around for your new New Mexico car insurance policy, keep these criteria in mind as you’re comparing New Mexico car insurance companies:
- Customer service is important; make sure claims are convenient and processed quickly
- It’s important to get NM car insurance comparison quotes from at least three different companies before purchasing a policy
- Your final purchase should be based upon how much you can pay monthly and how much you want to be protected in the event of an accident
- Many drivers are eligible for insurance discounts, but you have to ask in order to take advantage of them
What Do You Need to be a Legal New Mexico Driver?
If your New Mexico car insurance budget is rather tight, it can be helpful for you to know exactly how much insurance is required by the state of New Mexico to operate your car legally on its highways and roads. Although it’s not always wise to only purchase the bare minimum for your car, it is important to know the state minimums, so that you can plan your car expenses accordingly. In the state of New Mexico, drivers are required to carry:
- $25,000 to cover the medical expenses for a single driver/passenger
- $50,000 to cover medical expenses of all of the passengers of the vehicle
- $10,000 to cover property damage resulting from the accident, including repairs to the victim’s vehicle and public or private property
How to Compare NM Auto Insurance Quotes
The nation’s largest auto insurance providers are a good place to start looking for comparison quotes for insurance coverage. Never assume that just because a company says they can save you money over their competitor, they are telling you the truth. Even the rates of the country’s top insurance providers — GEICO, Allstate, Progressive, State Farm, and Esurance — will differ slightly based on your age, location, car, and driving record. When asking for quotes:
- Be very specific about the type of policy you want (at least 25/50/10)
- Know your driving record, VIN, and zip code
- Be sure to ask for the difference between paying monthly, twice a year, or yearly
- Ask about discounts for good students, homeowners, online policy purchases, or safe driving records
Keep in mind that while most providers offer these incentive discounts, they might not always offer them up front. Be sure to ask, and let them know you are comparing their rates with other competitors.
Finding the Best New Mexico Auto Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to get started on comparing NM car insurance rates online! You’ll be able to find the right insurace policy for you and your family in no time.