A prospective buyer of a new Honda Accord will likely wonder how much they will have to pay for car insurance if they purchase this impressive new vehicle.
Naturally, the answer involves a variety of factors, and some of them are unique to each individual involved (like location, driving record, number of years driving, and even credit history), but general elements influencing the cost of car insurance for a Honda Accord include:
- safety features
- security systems
- performance features
Read on to learn some of the things that contribute to the Honda Accord’s car insurance costs and then enter your zip code to compare Honda Accord auto insurance quotes online!
Honda Accord Safety Features
Honda Accords come equipped standard with the following safety features:
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) – featuring standard four-wheel anti-locking disc brakes, including a proprietary system of Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD), which aid the driver in maintaining good control over the vehicle, even during difficult braking conditions.
- Dual-Stage, Multiple-Threshold Front Airbags (SRS)
- Dual-Chamber Front Side Airbags with Passenger-Side Occupant Position Detection System (OPDS)
- Side Curtain Airbags – All Honda Accords come with standard front, front side and side curtain airbags which assist in alleviating the possibility of injuries in the event of an accident.
- Driver’s and Front Passenger’s Active Head Restraints
- Side-Impact Door Beams
Where safety features are concerned, car insurance companies are particularly interested in vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems and multiple point airbag systems when they are calculating car insurance rates. They offer insurance rate discounts to such vehicles.
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save
Honda Accord Security Features
Honda Accords come equipped standard with a security system. Insurance companies generally give discounts to vehicles that possess alarm or security systems.
Honda Accord Performance Features
Honda Accords come equipped standard with the following performance features:
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) – allows the driver to know when his air pressure reaches a certain critical low point in any of the four tires.
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control – this feature assists the driver by recognizing oversteering and understeering in emergency scenarios by reducing engine output and compensating with different brake pressure at any or all wheels.
Where performance features are involved, insurance companies typically offer discounts to vehicles which have mechanisms built in to help drivers avoid accidents while on the road.
Comparing Honda Accord Car Insurance Rates
A car buyer must never forget the importance of shopping around and of comparing quotes from many different insurance companies so that they are able to find the best car insurance rates for their vehicle.
Once again, although many different factors are involved in the calculations of Honda Accord car insurance rates, an average amount that a consumer seeking such car insurance can expect to pay is approximately $1,131.
Keep in mind that this is only a guideline number and that the insurance rates will vary not only by region to region, but also by state, and even by city.