How expensive is car insurance for a Honda Accord? For sheer reliability, customer loyalty, and reasonable price, practically no car brand matches the Honda Accord’s legendary track record. It is not any surprise that these cars rank in the top five best selling cars in the United States every year, generally just behind or in front of the Toyota Camry and Toyota Corolla.
A prospective buyer of a new 2010 model Honda Accord will likely wonder how much they will have to pay for car insurance, if they purchase this impressive new vehicle. Naturally, the answer involves a variety of factors, and some of them are unique to each individual involved (like area of the country and state, driving record, length of years driving, and even credit history). But, general elements influencing the cost of car insurance for a Honda Accord include safety features, security systems, and performance features included.
Read on to learn some of the things that contribute to the Honda Accord’s car insurance costs and then enter your zip code to compare Honda Accord auto insurance quotes online!
Honda Accord Safety Features
Honda Accords come equipped standard with the following safety features:
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) – featuring standard four wheel anti-locking disc brakes, including a proprietary system of Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD), which aid the driver in maintaining good control over the vehicle, even during difficult braking conditions.
- Dual-Stage, Multiple-Threshold Front Airbags (SRS)
- Dual-Chamber Front Side Airbags with Passenger-Side Occupant Position Detection System (OPDS)
- Side Curtain Airbags – All Honda Accords come with standard front, front side and side curtain airbags which assist in alleviating the possibility of injuries in the event of an accident.
- Driver’s and Front Passenger’s Active Head Restraints
- Side-Impact Door Beams
Where safety features are concerned, car insurance companies are particularly interested in vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems and multiple point airbag systems when they are calculating car insurance rates. They offer insurance rate discounts to such vehicles.
Honda Accord Security Features
Honda Accords come equipped standard with the following security features:
- Security System – these come included, standard on almost all models of Honda Accords
Where security features are relevant, insurance companies generally give discounts to vehicles that possess alarm or security systems.
Honda Accord Performance Features
Honda Accords come equipped standard with the following performance features:
- 1. Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) – allows the driver to know when his air pressure reaches a certain critical low point in any of the four tires.
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control – this feature literally assists the driver by recognizing oversteering and understeering in emergency scenarios by reducing engine output and compensating with different brake pressure at any or all wheels in order to aid the driver in regaining control over the vehicle and staying on his or her course.
Where performance features are involved, insurance companies typically offer discounts to vehicles which have mechanisms built in to help drivers avoid accidents while on the road.
Comparing Honda Accord Car Insurance Rates
A car buyer must never forget the importance of shopping around and of comparing quotes from many different insurance companies, so that they are able to find the best car insurance rates for their Honda Accord vehicle.
Once again, although many different factors are involved in the calculations of Honda Accord car insurance rates, an average amount that a consumer seeking such car insurance can expect to pay is approximately $1,131. Keep in mind that this is only a guide line number, and that the Honda Accord car insurance rates will vary not only by region to region, but also by state to state, and even by city to city considerations.
Enter your zip code in now to compare personalized Honda Accord auto insurance rates!