The Santa Fe is a mid-size crossover SUV built by Hyundai. It has been produced since 2001, as Hyundai’s first ever SUV model, and is a very popular vehicle for a variety of reasons.
As the reader will soon learn, the Santa Fe is perhaps one of the best vehicles for the insurance-conscious owner.
Read on to learn all about Hyundai Santa Fe car insurance rates and then enter your zip code in above for a free personalized Hyundai Santa Fe car insurance comparison!
Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance Costs
The Hyundai Santa Fe has repeatedly been rated by multiple sources as among the cheapest vehicles in America to insure. The vehicle continues to maintain an incredibly low insurance cost even as it ages.
The average yearly premium for a Santa Fe of any year is just under $850. Why is the Santa Fe so cheap to insure?
Hyundai Santa Fe Awards
The biggest reason that the Santa Fe is so cheap to insure is because it is incredibly safe. It has received several awards for being so safe:
- Selected as the “Top Safety Pick” by the International Institute for Highway Safety (IIHA)
- Also the “Top Safety Pick” of the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA)
- Received maximum ratings in all safety categories from the Australasian New Car Assessment Program (ANCAP)
Hyundai Santa Fe Safety Features
- Five-star crash test ratings, front, back, and side, for front and rear seats. This is the best rating possible.
- Spacious interior even in first-generation models, for “breathing room” during an accident
- All-wheel drive in all models, for safe driving in all weather conditions
- Large enough to protect the driver in an accident
- Standard 3-point seatbelts even for passengers
- Electronic stability control
- Anti-lock braking
- Airbags in front and side
- Traction control system
These features are all very common, but the combination of all of them on the same car, even in early models, makes for a very safe vehicle.
Newer vehicles have even more features, which is why the second generation model has even cheaper insurance than the first generation model.
Other Factors that Contribute to the Hyundai Santa Fe’s Insurance Cost
The Hyundai Santa Fe has a number of other factors that makes its insurance premiums extremely low:
- Burglar alarm – The Santa Fe does have a burglar alarm in all models since the first generation. This contributes a great amount to insurance cost.
- Not a luxury vehicle – While it is a nice car, it would not be considered a luxury vehicle by any standard, which contributes to a premium cost. More expensive cars, with a greater replacement cost, cost more to insure.
- Available colors – A rather strange factor is the color palette available for the vehicle. The Santa Fe does not come in any bright colors and car insurance companies do tend to charge more for bright colored vehicles.