Allstate was founded in 1931 and was initially part of Sears, Roebuck, and Co. The headquarters for Allstate is located in Northbrook, Illinois. It is the second-largest insurer in the United States for personal lines insurance.
When you are shopping for a car insurance policy, you should compare rates and services among companies to get an idea of what is best for you.
You can get a quote for an Allstate car insurance policy online directly from Allstate, or you can locate an Allstate agent.
You can also call a toll-free number to get a quote.
Discounts with Allstate
The major discounts that Allstate offers include, but are not limited to:
- Premier Discount – If you have not had an accident for the past three years and you do not have any moving traffic violations, you might qualify for the Premier Discount.
- Premier Plus Discount – If you have not had an accident for the past five years, and you do not have any moving violations, you may qualify for this discount.
- Passive Restraint Systems – If your car has airbags or motorized seatbelts that were installed at the factory, you could be eligible for this discount.
- Anti-Lock Brakes – If your vehicle has Antilock Brakes (ABS), then you could qualify for this discount
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save
Optional Coverage with Allstate
Allstate has several add-ons that customers can choose to include in their coverage:
- Accident Forgiveness – This type of coverage helps to prevent your rates from going up just because you had an accident. This coverage can be applied even if you are considered to be at-fault.
- Safe Driving Bonus – If you do not have an accident for 6 months, you may be able to earn a check for up to 5% of your premium.
- Deductible Rewards – This allows you to take $100 dollars off of your collision deductible on the day you acquire this coverage. You will then get $100 dollars off for every year that you remain accident-free. This coverage is limited at $500 dollars.
- New Car Replacement – If your car is considered to be a total loss within the first three model years, you can get a new car.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – This can help to reimburse you for expenses caused by a covered accident. Some eligible expenses include child care expenses and medical expenses.
- Towing and Labor-Cost Coverage – This coverage can be applied if your vehicle becomes disabled.
Allstate Discounts for Seniors and Students
In addition to the optional coverage Allstate offers, the company also makes several discounts available to senior citizens and students, including:
- Good Student – This discount applies if you are 25 or younger, unmarried, and a full-time student who meets GPA requirements.
- Senior Adult – If you are 65 or older and you drive more than 25% of your car’s total mileage, then you may be able to apply this discount towards the cost of your personal injury protection coverage. This discount is not available in all states.
- 55 and Retired – If you are age 55 or older, and you are not working full-time, you may be able to apply this discount.
Allstate Auto Insurance Quotes
It’s easy to get Allstate car insurance quotes online, but make sure that you do a full car insurance comparison to receive rates from many different auto insurance companies before deciding on a policy.