Auto Owners Car Insurance Discounts
Some Auto Owners Group car insurance discounts include multi-policy, safe driving, good student, safety feature, and more. The Auto Owners Insurance Company does not offer car insurance in all states.
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: May 4, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
- Auto Owners Insurance Group offers many discounts including a safe driving and a paid-in-full discount
- Auto Owners Insurance Group is made up of five separate property and casualty insurance companies
- Although Auto Owners offers life, car, home, and business insurance, not all types of insurance are available in all states
All of the best car insurance providers know that one of the best ways to bring in new policyholders and keep existing policyholders happy is by offering car insurance discounts.
Some of the car insurance discounts that Auto Owners Insurance offers include the following:
- Multi-policy discount
- Safe driving discount
- Good student discounts
- Safety feature discounts
- Green discount
- Paid-in-full discount
Enter your ZIP code in the box above to find the most affordable car insurance rates in your area today!
While the most important choice when a car owner is looking for car insurance is the policy rate, the second thing to consider is the discounts offered by the insurance provider.
What you need to know about Auto Owners Insurance
The Auto Owners Insurance Group is headquartered in Lansing, Michigan and is made up of five separate property and casualty insurance companies.
These five companies are:
- The Auto Owners Insurance Company is a property and casualty insurance company that has representation from more than 37,000 independent insurance agents and over 6,000 independent insurance agencies. An independent insurance agent or agency is not limited by the many things that private insurers are, and as a result, they can offer more competitive insurance rates to their policyholders.
- The Auto Owners Life Insurance Company is the life insurance provider for the Auto Owners Insurance Group. This division of the insurance group processes more than 50,000 life insurance applications every year and had more than $27 billion in life insurance coverage in 2010.
- The Owners Insurance Company is the second biggest division in the Auto Owners Insurance Group and focuses on property and casualty insurance. This division represents all but one of the states for which the Auto Owners Insurance Group writes insurance. This division is also a stock company.
- The Home Owners Insurance Company is the property and casualty division of the Auto Owners Insurance Group that represents the states of Ohio and Michigan. This division is also a stock company.
- The Property Owners Insurance Company is the stock company that writes property and casualty insurance policies in Michigan and Indiana while the Southern Owners Insurance Company provides insurance in the state of Florida.
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Enter your ZIP code below to view companies that have cheap car insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
What are Auto Owners Insurance company’s products?
The companies of the Auto Owners Insurance Group offer the following four distinct forms of insurance products: life, business, home, and car.
The Auto Owners Insurance Company does not offer car insurance in all states.
A few of the states that do offer Auto Owners car insurance are:
- South Dakota
- North Carolina
The state in which the policyholder lives does affect which car insurance coverage is available, but there are a few coverage options that are available in all of the states in which Auto Owners writes car insurance.
These coverage options include:
- Rental car coverage
- Full glass coverage
- Loan and lease gap coverage
- Pet medical coverage
What Auto Owners coverage options are available?
Auto Owners offer affordable insurance premiums in exchange for many coverage options and highly-rated customer service.
The company has numerous types of coverage to choose from. Standard coverages include:
- Collision coverage
- Comprehensive coverage
- Bodily injury liability
- Property damage liability
- Uninsured/Underinsured motorist
- Medical payments
- Personal injury protection
- Road trouble service
- Additional expense
- Loan and lease gap
- Diminished value
- Personal automobile plus
Auto Owners provide a few additional coverage options such as:
- Waived deductible for an accident with another Auto-Owners customer
- Common loss deductible
- Rental cars
Which car insurance discounts are offered?
The car insurance discounts available through this car insurance provider vary. The multi-policy discount offers a discount to policyholders that have more than one type of insurance policy with Auto Owners.
A discount is offered for those that bundle policies including:
- Car and home
- Car and umbrella
- Car and life insurance policy
Auto Owners also offers three types of student discounts. These discounts are for students that have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher, students that are attending college 100 or more miles away from home, or teenage students that drive a car with a GPS system installed.
There are also three forms of car safety discounts available.
A car with anti-lock brakes is eligible for a discount on bodily injury and property damage liability insurance, as well as personal injury protection and collision coverage. An airbag discount is offered to policyholders that drive a car with driver-side, passenger-side, or side impact airbags.
The Auto Owners Insurance Company also offers special car insurance discounts depending on your state of residence.
To see what car insurance rates and discounts are available in your state, use the FREE online tool below. Just enter your ZIP code now!
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.