Where can I find the lowest car insurance quotes?
The best way to find low car insurance quotes online is by using third-party comparison sites to compare car insurance rates from multiple companies. You'll find the lowest car insurance quotes if you have a good driving record. Start comparing car insurance costs with our free tool below to see how much you can save.
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Jan 19, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
- Shopping for car insurance can be frustrating if you don’t know where to start
- Researching multiple auto insurance companies online saves time and money
- Knowing how to compare different insurance plans can expedite the research process
Most people shopping for new car insurance research their options by calling or visiting any local insurance agencies. This is time-consuming and usually leads to high levels of frustration. Every time you call or visit an agent, you have to give them the same information before they can research a quote for you.
Imagine how much more convenient it would be to share your information just once and receive numerous quotes to compare to each other.
Not only does a method like this exist, but it is easy to use. Simply use your computer to search the Internet for an insurance comparison website. Not only will you save time and money, but your stress level will be dramatically reduced.
You can compare car insurance quotes for FREE by entering your zip code above!
Comparison Sites Save Money and Time
The difference between the rates of one insurance company and another can vary greatly, sometimes by hundreds of dollars a year.
This is why it’s worth taking the time to diligently shop for low rates while not compromising on getting great coverage.
When you can get multiple insurance quotes at the same time, it makes it much easier to compare them with each other.
Simply by filling in an online form, you can get the same information in a fraction of the time, perhaps an hour’s research compared to 4 or more hours using traditional quote finding methods.
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Enter your ZIP code below to view companies that have cheap car insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Seven Simple Ways to Get Cheap Auto Insurance
Obviously, one way of getting cheap car insurance is to do some comparison shopping for the best car insurance for the lowest rates, but here are seven other useful tips:
- Multi-Policy – Combine with your home insurance or renter’s insurance.
- Raising your deductible – You can raise your deductible to lower your monthly premiums. According to the Insurance Information Institute (IIS), this can lower your premiums by as much as 20 percent. Naturally, you want to keep some money aside should you ever need to make a claim.
- Research discounts – These range from features that qualify you as a safe driver and features that make your car safer to drive and protect from vandalism, burglary, and theft.
- Avoid high-cost cars – Usually, luxury cars and the latest models cost more than regular cars and last year’s model.
- Drive safely – This will qualify you for a safe driver discount. You have to have a clean record for three years to qualify.
- Avoid over-insuring – If you have a car whose value has dropped over the years, your collision and comprehensive coverage may not be worth paying for.
- Do comparison shopping – Prices change greatly in the insurance industry. By staying on top of trends, you may find an even better deal than the one you signed up for. Since online comparison shopping is so easy, it’s worth spend time repeating the process again.
Six Tips on How to Make Good Comparisons
While you now know a method to get quick quotes online, you also need to learn how to assess the information that you receive. A low price should not be the only consideration you have to make when deciding on the best insurance policy.
Only apply to reputable insurance companies. Sometimes when things are too good to be true, they are not true.
If you aren’t sure about a rate you’ve been given, do some research with the Better Business Bureau as well as on websites that review the financial stability of insurance companies.
There is no point getting low premiums when the company will not honor your claim when you need to make one, either because it has terrible customer service or because it is about to go out of business.
Keep it Simple
Don’t go overboard and collect too much data. This will overwhelm you and you will be stuck in paralysis analysis. Research has shown that there are 40 variations in policy between 50 insurance companies.
Know What You Need
Get a clear idea of the best type of car insurance for you and your needs. You can get this information by talking to family and friends, as well as discussing insurance policies in general with insurance agencies.
The terms and conditions you will receive when you get your quote may not be entirely clear to you. If you like the quote, but need to know more details, then call the insurance agency and ask for the terms and conditions to be explained to you.
Deductibles Are Important
Play with the deductibles when you get a quotation. The higher the deductible, the lower the monthly fee is going to be.
Of course, if you take this route, be sure that you begin to set aside money each month in case you ever need to pay the deductible to have your claim honored.
Some people even open up a savings account so that they have the emergency funds available should they ever need to use them.
Investigate The Extras
Take advantage of additional insurance services if you need them. For instance, if your job requires you to drive from one town to another, then it may be a good idea to take advantage of Traveler’s Insurance.
This type of policy which will take care of breakdowns, accommodations, and rentals should your car break down when you are far from home.
Investigate discounts insurance companies offer and see if you are eligible for any of them. If so, call the insurance company and ask them if they will be willing to give you a lower quote than you got from the online quote system.
Enter your zip code below to find low car insurance quotes for FREE!