American Family, car insurance has been in business for more than 80 years. The company started in 1927 under the name, Farmers Mutual Automobile Insurance. It was formed in order to sell auto insurance to rural farmers.
The company name changed in 1963 to, American Family Mutual Insurance Company. The headquarters for the company is located in Madison, Wisconsin. American Family, car insurance is only available in certain states.
If you are looking for an auto insurance quote, you should get a few different quotes from various companies so as to compare rates and coverage options. Read this American Family, car insurance review and then enter your zip to start comparing auto insurance rates!
Coverage Options with American Family
- Auto Rental Reimbursement – This type of coverage is only available if you purchase collision and comprehensive policies. This coverage can be applied when your vehicle is in the repair shop because of a covered loss.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment – This coverage can be applied to the cost of medical expenses in the case that any member of your household is injured or dies in a covered loss. This coverage can be used if you are either riding in or struck by a vehicle.
- Auto Lease/Loan Protection – This coverage can be applied if your vehicle is considered to be a total loss. This coverage will pay the difference between what is owed on the loan as compared to the value of the vehicle.
Discounts with American Family Car Insurance
- Auto and Home Premium Advantage – This discount can be applied if you purchase a car and a homeowner’s insurance policy with American Family.
- Auto and Life Discount – This discount can be applied if you buy a life insurance policy and an auto insurance policy with American Family.
- Air Bag Discount – This discount applies if your vehicle has an airbag.
- Multiple Vehicle Discount – This discount will apply if you insure multiple vehicles with American Family.
- Accident-Free Discount – This discount can be applied if you have not had any accidents. American Family does not state for how long you must remain accident-free in order to qualify for the discount.
- Good Student Discount – This discount may be applied if you are a student and meet certain, grade point average qualifications.
- Defensive Driving Discount – This discount can be applied if you take a qualified, defensive, driving class.
For further information regarding American Family’s discounts, click here.
Reporting a Claim with American Family
You can report a claim with American Family by calling a 24-hour, claims, phone line. You can also report a claim to your agent. If you prefer, though, American Family does offer the ability to complete an online, claim form instead.
Looking for auto insurance can be an arduous task, but you should compare quotes among several companies.
Enter your zip in now to start comparing car insurance rates!