National General Insurance Discounts
GMAC changed their name National General Insurance Company, and they continue to offer National General insurance discounts (including GMAC low mileage discount) for GM vehicle owners. Other National General insurance discounts include safety feature discounts and a discount for OnStar users. If you don't qualify for National General insurance discounts, you can still find affordable coverage when you compare National General car insurance quotes online with our free tool below.
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Jan 30, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
- GMAC changed its name to National General
- They offer many standard discounts
- They offer special discounts to owners of GM vehicles
GMAC Insurance changed its name to National General on July 1, 2013. The National General Insurance CEO described the change as a culmination since the company had become bigger globally. They continue to offer several different insurance products for individuals, including auto, homeowners, and RV coverage. If a driver doesn’t qualify for National General insurance discounts (which includes GMAC low mileage discount), it is still possible to get affordable auto insurance when comparing National General car insurance quotes online using our free quote tool.
They pride themselves on offering competitive and comprehensive car insurance policies that are geared towards the responsible and safe driver.
There are many different National General car insurance discounts available.
Any and all of these discounts can help lower overall car insurance premiums.
The best way to obtain any of these discounts is to apply online through their website, speak to a National General agent, or call the main customer service National General toll-free phone number.
Are you looking for car insurance? Interested in car insurance discounts? Use our simple search tool above by entering your ZIP code and find auto insurance rates today!
What discounts are available with National General Insurance?
A popular discount is available to National General Insurance customers who own or use a GM product. This includes having another National General financial product, as well as owning or leasing a GM vehicle.
In addition, individuals with an OnStar can immediately receive a discount when signing up for National General car insurance.
This discount for OnStar service, which includes immediate assistance when in an accident, as well as a GPS locator service, can save anywhere between 10 percent and 20 percent off the insurance premium.
Like many other insurance companies, National General offers a discount to car insurance policyholders who pay their premium in full each year.
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Enter your ZIP code below to view companies that have cheap car insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How much can I save with a multi-car policy?
- Multi-vehicle – If you insure more than one vehicle, you might be eligible for a multi-vehicle discount. This includes two or more policies for cars or other vehicles like an RV, or one policy covering more than one vehicle. This discount can be as much as 20 percent for certain individuals.
- Motorcycle – National General Insurance is also motorcycle friendly and offers multi-motorcycle discounts for bikes on the same policy.
- Low mileage – Many car insurance companies offer a discount for low mileage drivers, who use their vehicles 7,500 miles per year or less.
National General offers a combination discount to drivers who subscribe to OnStar and drive less than 15,000 miles per year. The savings for that combination can be more than 50 percent off of your premiums. You can also inquire about the OnStar student discount.
Another benefit of the OnStar multi-vehicle discount that involves, for example, a car and an RV, is that one deductible covers both vehicles if they are involved in the same accident.
Do General Motors [auto insurance] affiliates receive discounts?
Any retired or active employee of any of the GMAC family of companies is eligible for a family discount. This includes all extended family members, including in-laws, as well as same-sex partners.
National General Insurance also has several agreements in place for its affinity program.
These are companies, organizations, or other businesses that have a relationship with General Motors [car insurance] and/or its affiliates. This includes companies that are suppliers to GM and their affiliates.
Employees of these organizations can get an additional discount with National General Insurance simply by mentioning where they work.
Are there car specific discounts?
Certain features on cars give drivers additional discounts and benefits.
- Airbags – The most common include installed airbags. Many companies like GMAC [vehicle] Insurance offer a discount for having airbags and those discounts can increase based on the number of airbags in the insured vehicle.
- Safe drivers – They will always receive discounts on car insurance. A safe driver is usually defined as one that has not had a no-fault or at-fault accident for five years or longer, and does not have any major moving violations on their driving record.
- Anti-theft devices – Vehicles with alarm systems, VIN etching, and other types of anti-theft devices can also earn an additional discount. It is important to let your agent or the National General Insurance customer service representative know that your vehicles have these features to ensure you receive a proper discount.
Since companies offer different discounts depending on the driver, it is beneficial to inquire about the different options and whether or not you qualify.
Even if you do have a current policy and are not looking to switch, call your agent to be sure you are receiving all of the discounts for which you are eligible. To find the closest location, typing in “National General Insurance near me” can help.
If you have wondered, “Is National General Insurance a standard company?” we’ve detailed a National General Car Insurance review.
Looking for auto insurance quotes but don’t know where to start? Use our simple tool below to enter your ZIP code and find competitive car insurance rates today!