You can expect to pay just under $1500 per annual car insurance for a Cadillac SRX. In terms of rank, the 2011 Cadillac SRX is sixth out of eight on the luxury compact sport utility vehicle platform, even though it is considered a crossover utility vehicle. This is according to dozens of test drives and various reviews of the Cadillac SRX, as well as the analysis of its safety and reliability information.
Compare online car insurance quotes with your zip code now!
Many of its reviewers state that the Cadillac SRX 2011 is a crossover utility vehicle that is both stylish and smooth riding. It also has plenty of luxuries that will keep buyers delighted and coming back for more. Buyers do complain, however, that in order to get the top features, you must buy one of the more luxurious models.
Having been redesigned in 2010, the 2011 Cadillac SRX has become the huge success for General Motors; especially since it is the best-selling crossover utility vehicle in the compact luxury class. Cadillac enthusiasts are no doubt attracted to the styling and detailing; not to mention the long list of available options.
How much would car insurance cost for a Cadillac SRX: The “Issues”
However, along with the benefits and features come some issues which may affect your auto insurance rates. One of the main issues of the SRX is the fact that you have to buy one of the top models in order to get many of the features that you would want. For example, many buyers have been disappointed with the base engine, saying that it is not powerful enough for the SRX‘s hefty size. The Cadillac SRX 2011 is considered large for a small luxury sport utility vehicle. Many critics say that the body is too heavy into large for the small base engine to handle, and that this affects acceleration to higher speeds.
Because of the large body size, Cadillac has utilized the extra space created by the large size to add unique and useful cargo features as well as additional passenger seating. An optional turbocharged engine is available; however, it greatly increases the price of the SRX while significantly decreasing fuel economy.
Also, some of its best features such as the rear seat DVD system and the power tailgate aren’t even available on the most basic model; and when you add these features the price of the SRX increases significantly.
What is the average annual car insurance premium for the Cadillac SRX?
For these reasons, the average insurance premium for the Cadillac SRX 2011 is $1433 per year, which works out to be over $7500 over a period of five years.
What factors impact my car insurance rates for a Cadillac SRX?
This amount may vary from the average depending on the number of conditions:
- For example, your credit score is a large indicator of the cost of your auto insurance. Should your insurance agent or company check your credit score and find it lacking, you could be paying significantly more than the average per annum quote. Conversely, if your credit score is exceptional, you could find yourself paying less than $1433 per year.
- Another condition is how many miles you drive per week. If you live a mile away from work you’ll end up paying much less than if you commute 50 miles each way.
- The type of traffic you drive in will also have an effect on your premium. If you are constantly driving on congested highways for example, your premium could be much higher than if you drive on quiet little city streets.
- Additionally, you could end up spending more on your insurance premium for Cadillac SRX depending on where you live. If you live in a low crime area with a secure location in which to park your vehicle, you will not be paying is much as someone who lives in a high crime area and has to park their vehicle on the street, unsecured.
- Who drives your vehicle is as important as how it is driven. If you are the sole driver of your vehicle, you will spend much less on your insurance premium that if you have more than one driver assigned to drive your vehicle. If two or more people are allowed to drive your Cadillac SRX 2011, you will see a much higher insurance premium that if you are the only driver on the policy. Young drivers can put the insurance rates through the roof.
As you can see, how you drive your vehicle is just as important as the type of vehicle that you are driving. The Cadillac SRX is considered a luxury vehicle, albeit a small one. Therefore, it’s important to consider all of the factors when deciding whether or not it is a car you will be able to afford to insure.
Enter your zip code here to compare car insurance quotes now for the Cadillac SRX!