Are car insurance companies open on Saturdays?
Car insurance companies are not open on Saturdays with the exception of filing a claim, receiving online quotes, and roadside assistance.
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Apr 1, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
- Most insurance companies do not have open office hours on Saturdays
- If you need to make a claim or get a quote, you can usually call or go online to discern which companies will allow this on the weekend
- When you get insurance quotes, be sure to compare multiple companies to find the best prices and coverage options
Insurance companies have staff available for their clients’ emergencies all the time. Most are available by phone, and some now allow you to contact them online or with an app on your smartphone.
Contacting Your Car Insurance on the Weekend
Some insurance companies do not have their offices open on Saturdays (see the table below for exceptions), except for:
- Claims processing and reporting
- Online quotations
- Roadside assistance
When seeking quotations for renewals, check with the insurance company to ascertain their availability during off-hours for consultation, policy changes, and incidents.
Some agents will meet with you during unscheduled office hours to discuss your insurance needs. When comparing quotes on car insurance, consider several quotes:
- Licensing within your state (by examining the state insurance website)
- Complaint ratios (by going to the NAIC)
- Rating information with regard to finances (through A.M.Best or Standard and Poor’s)
Ask your agent and insurance company about accessibility for questions on Saturdays as well as in the event of a claim.
Remember to read your quotations carefully, compare them, and ask questions. Price is important, but it is also important to acquire the service and coverage you need.