How can I find affordable car insurance rates?
There are many ways to find affordable car insurance rates online. The best way to find an affordable car insurance policy is to comparison shop online and get multiple car insurance quotes from different companies. Comparing different rates will guarantee that you find the most affordable car insurance coverage. Enter your ZIP code below to start comparing quotes now.
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: May 4, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
- Insurance is mandatory in 47 states, and you want to find the cheapest insurance prices possible
- There are many different sources to find reasonable prices on auto insurance premiums
- There are also various discounts available on car insurance if you ask the right questions
- Always research several insurance providers before settling on one to buy a policy from
Car insurance is a fact of life if you own a car. Make sure you do your homework to find the best prices for your auto insurance coverage.
To start off with, enter your ZIP code in our comparison tool above to receive FREE car insurance quotes.
Sources for Auto Insurance Rate Quotes
There are many places you can go to get car insurance premium rate quotes. When you are comparing quotes, you should compare at least three different companies and the following:
- Same type of insurance
- Same level of insurance
- Same deductible amount
Insurance Companies – One place you can always get car insurance rate quotes is directly from the insurance company. You can either call an insurance company or you can go to their website.
On car insurance company websites, you will find information regarding the different types of insurance products they offer. You will also find out information about their corporate structure.
Independent Insurance Brokers – Another source for car insurance rate quotes is independent insurance brokers.
Usually independent brokers represent several different insurance companies and they are able to provide you with rate quotes and help you determine your insurance needs.
Insurance brokers may also offer suggestions for ways to bring your rates down lower.
Insurance Comparison Websites – Insurance comparison websites can provide you with car insurance rate quotes from numerous companies at the same time.
Many comparison websites note preferred providers, but they also contract with insurance agents and companies to provide rate quotes.
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Enter your ZIP code below to view companies that have cheap car insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Lowering Auto Insurance Costs
Even with quotes from several auto insurance companies, you may find that you want to lower your rates even further. There are a number of ways to accomplish this goal if you know the right questions to ask.
- Discounts – Most auto insurance companies offer discounts if you ask about them. Common discounts include good student, good driver, senior drivers and driving school discounts. Other discounts may be available for safety equipment and anti-theft equipment.
- Multiple Cars – If you own several cars, you may be able to get lower rates if you insure them under one auto insurance policy. Most insurance companies will also offer you discounts if you insure all your vehicles in addition to your primary car.
- Multiple Policies – Another common way to lower your auto insurance premium rate is to purchase other types of insurance in addition to car insurance. If you purchase several different types of insurance such as home or life, you will usually receive lowered rates on all policies.
- Higher Deductibles – You can also lower your auto insurance premium rates if you increase your deductible amount. Higher deductibles mean that the insurance company will be paying less for any claims and insurance companies lower your rates as a result.
- Necessary Insurance – You can also lower your car insurance premium costs by only carrying insurance that you absolutely need. If your car is declared a total loss, you will only be paid for the value of the car at the time of the loss, which is usually lower than Blue Book value.
- Premium Payments – Many insurance companies provide discounts or lower rates if you pay your premium in full, if you pay your premium quarterly rather than monthly, and if you use an automatic bank account payments or electronic withdrawal.
Researching Auto Insurance Companies
When you are buying car insurance, you should consider more than getting the lowest rate possible.
Even if you are paying discount rates, it will not help you if you are in an accident and file a claim, only to find out that the insurance company has bad customer service or is in poor financial health and fails to pay claims.
- Financial Health – Insurance companies in strong financial health have strong financial reserves and excellent ratings by A.M. Best. These companies are independent organizations that monitor and report on the financial standings financial institutions.
- Consumer Complaints – Insurance companies with high numbers of consumer complaints may be having financial difficulties or other problems. You can find complaints from your state’s Department of Consumer Affairs website or from the Better Business Bureau.
- Consumer Satisfaction – Consumer satisfaction encompasses customer service, claims processing, premium rates and overall consumer perceptions. JD Powers and Associates reviews auto insurance companies on a regular basis and publish reports on their website.
If you are in the market for auto insurance, you should definitely compare rates to find the best premium rates possible.
However, you should also evaluate a potential company’s financial health and consumer satisfaction levels before making your final purchasing choice.
Enter your ZIP code below for FREE car insurance quotes now!