- their age
- their driving record
- the type of car they drive
- and how many policies they have with Allstate Insurance
Use the FREE online tool above to start comparing car insurance rates in your area today. Just enter your ZIP code!
Once you find the best car insurance rates, see how your chosen car insurance provider compares to other insurance companies. Just go to A.M. Best’s website to see how your insurance provider stacks up to other leading insurance companies.
What kind of company is Allstate?
Allstate is the largest public personal insurance company in the United States. Allstate currently has more than $130 billion in assets and is listed as a Fortune 100 company. Not only does Allstate write over a dozen insurance lines, but it also provides banking and investment services.
Allstate actually owes its origins to the Sears Roebuck Company. Sears held a contest in 1925 to find a name for its new brand of tires. More than two million submissions came in for the contest and, ultimately, Allstate was the winner. The new Allstate tires became a very large seller for Sears.
The idea of creating Allstate as a direct mail car insurance company came about in 1930 while Carl Odell and Robert Wood were passing time on a train. After getting approval from the Sears directors, the Allstate insurance company was formed.
While the car insurance was first sold through direct mail and through the Sears catalog, there was an Allstate insurance booth at the 1933 World’s Fair. The very first physical Allstate office was opened in Chicago in 1934.
Over the decades, Allstate saw great success and in the 1950s the company expanded into other types of insurance and also branched out into the Canadian insurance market.
Some of the types of insurance added at this time included:
- home insurance
- life insurance
- fire insurance
The company has continued to grow over the years and today is one of the most recognized insurance companies in the United States.
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save
What types of insurance does Allstate offer?
Allstate is probably best known for its car insurance because of its very recognizable television commercials.
In addition to car insurance coverage, the company also offers property insurance, sports vehicle insurance, business insurance, and insurance products for life and retirement needs.
The property insurance offered by Allstate includes:
- homeowners insurance
- renters insurance
- condo insurance
- landlord property insurance
Which car insurance discounts are available through Allstate?
Allstate understands that it is important for its policyholders to save as much money as possible on their car insurance. Because of this, the company offers many different car insurance discount opportunities.
The most popular car insurance discounts available through Allstate are the following:
- Safe driver – The safe driver discount is available to a policyholder that has no accidents on their driving record and it gives the policyholder at least 45 percent on their car insurance.
- Good student – The good student discount offers up to a 20 percent discount for a full-time student who is single and under the age of 25, and has good grades.
- Early signing – The early signing discount offers a 10 percent discount for people that switch to an Allstate car insurance policy before their insurance policy with another company expires.
- New car – Allstate also offers multiple car insurance discounts based on the features in a policyholder’s car.
- Resident student – If the policyholder has a child covered on their car insurance policy who attends college at least 100 miles away from home, they are eligible for a discount up to 30 percent.
- Deductible rewards – The Allstate deductible rewards program is a discount program that takes $100 off of the policyholder’s deductible for every year they go without being in an accident.
- 55 or retired discounts – Policyholders who are retired and at least 55 years old are eligible for a 10 percent discount.
There is a passive restraint discount, an anti-lock brake discount, and an anti-theft device discount.
The passive restraint discount offers a discount of up to 30 percent for a car with seatbelts and airbags.
If the policyholder’s car has anti-lock brakes or an anti-theft device, they are eligible for a 10 percent discount. The policyholder can also save 10 percent for having more than one type of insurance policy with Allstate.