Free Car Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: May 12, 2016
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
We strive to help you make confident insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We partner with top insurance providers. This doesn't influence our content. Our opinions are our own.
Audi automobiles are known for their technology and high performance. Base costs of Audi vehicles range from $33,800 for the 2013 A4 Sedan to $128,400 for the R8 Spyder convertible.
Progressively, the manufacturer has advanced its target market to compete with BMW and Mercedes-Benz in the upscale market for luxury cars.
Innovative technology such as aluminum-incorporated frames is used to lighten and improve the speed and performance of the auto. Because of this, some of the Audi vehicles are expensive to repair because they require a specialized body shop to work with the aluminum.
No matter what type of car you drive, be sure to compare auto insurance before choosing a provider. The best way to find and compare companies is by using our FREE tool above. Simply enter your ZIP code and get started now!
Purchasing an Audi
When purchasing any vehicle, it is wise to check reports of reliability, cost of maintenance, cost of repair, and general reputation in the automobile world.
Comparison shopping for a high-end automobile is vital to ensure your safety as well as the durability of your purchase.
Therefore, you should check the literature issued by the manufacturer as well as independent websites and information.
It certainly is wonderful to drive into a dealership or auto repair garage and have the individuals there react with awe at the brand of vehicle you’re driving.
However, if you have to have the car in the garage for repairs more than you drive it, pay upkeep costs equal to the monthly lease or car payment, and constantly fear theft or vandalism, perhaps comparison-shopping for your car would be a good idea.
Try not to allow brand names to blur your perceptions.
Insuring an Audi
Consumers must recognize that insurance costs are based largely upon the qualifications of the owner, driving records, credit reports, drivers ages, as well as the cost of the vehicle insured and its cost of repair.
If you currently have insurance, comparison shopping for car insurance based upon the vehicle is relatively simple. All you have to do is request that your current insurance gives you a quotation based upon the particular vehicle you’ve chosen.
However, costs for insurance can vary from insurance company to insurance company based upon particular discounts and advantages.
Getting a New Car Insurance Quote
Before starting to look for lower-costing or better quality of insurance, you need to gather information you need for a quote:
- Full names of all the drivers
- Exact dates of birth of all drivers
- Driving records for all drivers
- A copy of your current credit report – for your information
- Complete description of the vehicle or vehicles that you plan to insure
- Careful consideration of the insurance limits you will want to protect yourself
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Brief Overview of Car Insurance Coverage
Below are the basic types of car insurance that most drivers require:
1. Liability insurance – Responsibility for bodily injury or property damage to others if you cause that bodily injury or property damage is required by every state in the United States.
The base limits are prescribed by the individual state, but these limits may or may not reflect the necessities of your own situation.
Bodily injury and property damage liability insurance will also pay for the costs of attorneys to help negotiate and defend you in the event of an accident. For that reason, you need to carefully consider your financial risks.
2. Collision and Comprehensive Insurance – Collision and comprehensive pays for damage or theft to your own automobile. Ordinarily individuals consider the amount they could individually absorb in the event of a loss themselves.
Having a deductible not only reduces the cost of this type of insurance but also prevents excessive use of your insurance for small, inexpensive dings and dents.
Driver factors, the location of garaging, whether your car is stored in a garage or on the street, and the cost of repair of the automobile all can affect the cost of this type of insurance.
Living in a climate with a great deal of hail or the possibility of a flood can also increase the premiums for this insurance coverage.
3. Uninsured/Underinsured Bodily Injury or Property Damage Insurance – This type of insurance coverage is not as expensive as it might be because most people are law-abiding.
Most people carry insurance to protect others, but sometimes they do not. This insurance pays for your own bodily injury or property damage in the event of an accident if it’s the other person’s fault and they have no insurance.
Available Discounts for Automobile Insurance
There are a number of discounts that can reduce the cost of your insurance:
- Good driver discounts – if you haven’t had tickets or accidents in the past
- Good student discounts – if your child of driving age has an A or B average in school
- Excellent credit rating – a good credit rating can get a better base rate
- Multi-car discounts – insuring more than one vehicle under the same policy
- Bundle policies discount – home insurance and car insurance
Possible Insurance Costs for an Audi S5 Sedan
For the purpose of comparison, quotations obtained for the following unnamed driver:
Male, about 38, lives in the city of Bethlehem, PA, in an owned single-family dwelling. He is married, and his wife is a homemaker. They have two children who do not drive.
Both he and his wife have degrees beyond a Bachelor’s degree. And neither have any traffic violations or prior accidents.
Limits of coverage:
- $100,000 per person/300,000 per accident bodily injury liability
- $100,000 property damage
- $5,000 medical expenses
- $500 Deductible comprehensive
- $500 Deductible collision
- Uninsured motorists coverage
Insurance company 1: $157.04 per month/ $811.00 six months/$1,622.00 annually
Insurance company 2: $113.00 per month/$678.00 six months/$1,362.00 annually
When comparing two different companies, the cost for identical insurance varies.
Company 1 is a nationally advertised one with an A rating in the A.M. Best insurance ratings; Company 2 is a not-so-nationally advertised insurance company with the same financial rating through A.M. Best.
Making a Decision
At this point in your comparison, it is best to start doing research among your friends and relatives to examine the way this particular company may handle an accident loss. Personal experience matters.
Comparison-shopping is time-consuming but valuable.
Comparing cars, upkeep, maintenance, repair, and insurance costs will lead you to be more satisfied with your purchases.
Use the FREE auto insurance quotes comparison tool below for the best options!