FREE Car Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Compare quotes from the top car insurance companies and save!
For those commercial operations with 3 or more cars, trucks, or vans, fleet insurance is a necessity for saving time and money and avoiding hassles. Fleet insurance covers all vehicles that a business or individual owns under a single insurance policy.
To get free car insurance quotes for your fleet, just enter your zip code up top!
There are many advantages to purchasing fleet insurance, rather than individual auto insurance policies, particularly when the business insures more than ten vehicles.
Advantages of Fleet Car Insurance
One of the benefits of a fleet insurance policy is that the policyholder need only remember one renewal date, rather than one for each insured vehicle. It doesn’t matter if you are insuring dump trucks or taxis, this is the case.
Also, along with saving the company money, commercial car insurance of this type cuts down on paperwork for the manager of the fleet.
With fleet insurance, the company’s time can be focused on the day-to-day operations of the business, rather than auto insurance. Other advantages include:
- Time – What would your business be like if you had dozens of vehicles to manage and each one had a separate policy? What would happen if you forgot to renew one of the policies? The wasted time alone would be a deficit to your company’s bottom line.
- Renewal – The simple renewal of a fleet insurance policy, rather than that of multiple policies, is yet another advantage. Additionally, your broker will be more likely to further attempt to search for additional discounts and/or incentives when they have only one policy to manage.
- Usage – Yet another benefit has to do with actual usage of the policy. For example, if one of the fleet vehicles has to be repaired, what would you do? Generally, one call to your insurer would do the trick, and, depending on your policy, they may arrange for a comparable, temporary vehicle to replace the one that has been damaged.
Paying for a Fleet Car Insurance Policy
One of the most important considerations surrounding fleet insurance is how payment for the policy will be made. Many companies offer a variety of payment options, including monthly and quarterly, semi-annual, and annual plans.
What’s more, these companies will offer their policyholders a discount when the premium is paid in one or two payments.
The benefit of this is twofold; not only do you save money in the long run, but you also save time, processing the paperwork for one policy, rather than several policies.
Managing Your Fleet Car Insurance Policy
The flexibility and convenience of a fleet insurance policy truly shine when it becomes necessary to add or remove vehicles from one policy. The policy’s integrity remains intact; nothing changes, save for the number of vehicles you will continue to insure.
The cost of your premium may go up or down, but the policy is still the same in terms of coverage, and what’s more, the adjusted premium is pro-rated.
The amount of coverage is also flexible. This means that newer vehicles can enjoy comprehensive coverage, particularly if they are being financed while older ones may be covered by liability only. However you decide to tailor your policy, you and your company are in control.
There will be other elements to the policy that should be included as well, just like a single-vehicle policy.
- In addition to the policy’s standard elements, you may also want to consider potential extras for your fleet insurance policy, such as coverage for legal fees and expenses, as well as coverage in case a vehicle breaks down.
- Upon locating the insurance company that suits all your needs, be sure to ask as many questions as possible. This is a must, especially, for those individuals or businesses who have never before purchased fleet insurance. That way, your policy can be adjusted to the needs of you and your company.
- Regardless of whether or not your company’s fleet of vehicles consists of vans, trucks, cars, or motorcycles, in your search for the right policy, you will discover that many companies offer comprehensive insurance policies which will ensure that your insurance needs are fully met.
Compare free, instant car insurance quotes for fleet insurance by entering your zip code now!