Plymouth Rock Car Insurance: How to Know if It’s Right for You
Although Plymouth Rock car insurance plans tend to be more expensive, the extra features packed into each policy make up for the cost. Plymouth Rock car insurance reviews tend to be positive, though some customers are unsatisfied with the claims process.
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Mar 30, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
- Plymouth Rock sells insurance in six northeastern states
- Prices for Plymouth Rock insurance tend to be about 60% higher than competitors
- Customers love their policies despite higher prices because of the mix of features added to each plan
Founded in 1983, Plymouth Rock Assurance wants to be more than a simple insurance company. Plymouth Rock wants to add value to their customers’ lives with charitable donations, commitment to their communities, and exceptional customer service.
While Plymouth Rock car insurance costs more than the average insurance company, its exceptionally long list of add-ons and features make up for the price. Each Plymouth Rock policy comes with a package of features for no extra cost, which increases the value of your policy.
Committing to higher prices is tough, especially when your budget is tight. Read on to learn about Plymouth Rock car insurance, then compare prices with other companies to find the best policy for you.
What is Plymouth Rock car insurance?
Plymouth Rock offers various insurance products and add-ons in six states: Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and New York.
Each state has different laws regarding how much insurance you need to carry. Regardless of the minimum requirement, Plymouth Rock can cover you. It also offers full coverage options to protect your car no matter what life throws at you.
Plymouth Rock offers the following types of coverage:
- Liability. If you cause an accident, liability insurance pays for damage you cause to people and property. New York, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and New Jersey require liability coverage.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist. Although most states require insurance, not all drivers carry it. This coverage type — required in Massachusetts and Pennsylvania — protects you if a driver with inadequate insurance hits you.
- Personal injury protection. Medical bills get expensive quickly, especially after an accident. Personal injury protection helps pay for medical bills for you and your passengers and is required in Massachusetts.
- Collision. Collision helps repair your car after an accident, no matter who is at fault. While state law doesn’t require it, you’ll probably need collision insurance if you don’t own your car.
- Comprehensive. For damage caused outside of accidents, comprehensive insurance pays for car repairs. Covered damage typically includes theft, vandalism, weather, fire, and animal contact.
The availability of these products depends on your state, but you can call the Plymouth Rock car insurance phone number to learn more.
Plymouth Rock Car Insurance Packages
While you can buy the standard types of car insurance, Plymouth Rock also has packages that add to the value of your policy. Every insurance policy automatically includes the Essential Assurance package, consisting of the following benefits:
- Guaranteed repairs. Plymouth Rock guarantees your repairs if you use a participating mechanic. A Plymouth Rock agent will meet you after an accident to complete a vehicle inspection.
- Door to Door Valet Claim Service. Sit back and let Plymouth Rock handle your vehicle’s repair after an accident.
- Get Home Safe. Plymouth Rock will pay for your taxi when you don’t want to drive to encourage safe driving.
- Pledge of Assurance. If you feel like Plymouth’s service hasn’t been up to par, the company will donate to a charity of your choice.
- Online services. You have access to Plymouth Rock’s online tools, including bill pay and claim reporting.
After three years with Plymouth Rock— or with a motor club membership — you’ll be eligible for Assurance Plus. This package includes everything in the Essential package, plus:
- Pet injury coverage. If your pet gets injured in an accident, Plymouth Rock will help pay for vet bills.
- Mobile device or laptop replacement. If Plymouth Rock covers the incident, it will pay to repair or replace your cell phone, tablet, or laptop.
- Seatbelt/airbag benefits. If the worst happens and an occupant in your car loses their life in an accident, the policy will pay extra benefits if they were protected by an airbag and wearing a seatbelt.
- Car seat replacement. If your child’s safety seat gets damaged after an accident, Plymouth Rock will replace it.
- Increased rental coverage. If your policy has rental coverage, you’ll receive an increased daily limit.
- Personal property coverage. For items not covered by the mobile device or laptop portion of this package, Plymouth Rock will help replace or repair them with no deductible.
- Bail bond coverage. If you need to post bail due to your role in an accident, Plymouth Rock makes an increased limit above your base policy available.
- Loss of income. Your policy can help pay for missing wages if you have to attend a court trial due to an accident.
- Waiver of collision deductible. If you get in an accident with another Plymouth Rock customer and you’re not at fault, you can skip your deductible.
- Waiver of deductible for glass repairs. If you incur damage to your glass smaller than a quarter after an accident, you don’t need to pay your deductible for repairs.
Finally, Plymouth Rock has two upgraded packages for purchase: Assurance Preferred and Assurance Premier. Assurance Preferred includes everything in Essential Assurance, plus:
- Roadside assistance. Plymouth Rock promises towing, flat tire, locked-out, battery, concierge services, and emergency fluid delivery, no matter where you are in the U.S. This service is available in New Jersey and Pennsylvania only.
- Waiver of deductible for windshield replacement. You can skip the deductible to replace your windshield after an incident.
- Air bag accidental discharge coverage. If your air bag deploys accidentally, Plymouth Rock will pay to repair it.
- Additional coverage. You’ll receive extended coverage for towing and labor or pet injury.
- Waiver of depreciation. Typically, you’ll receive less money for a damaged item based on how old it is. With this waiver, Plymouth Rock will pay to replace the item outright.
Finally, the Assurance Premier package includes everything in the Assurance Premier package, plus:
- Roadside assistance. Roadside assistance is available 24/7 in the U.S. for residents of any state Plymouth Rock sells in.
- Trip interruption. If you’re involved in a covered incident more than 100 miles from home, Plymouth Rock will help pay for lodging and meals.
- Deductible Dollars. You’ll earn $50 in deductible credits each year you spend claim-free.
- New car replacement. Plymouth Rock will pay to replace your car with the same make, model, and year if your vehicle is declared a total loss within the first two years of your car ownership. You must be the original owner of the vehicle.
- Plus one car replacement. If you’re not the car’s original owner, Plymouth Rock will still pay to replace a totaled car with the same vehicle if it was less than two model years old.
- GAP coverage. Plymouth Rock will pay the difference if you owe more on your car loan than the car’s actual value and the vehicle is totaled.
- Electronic key replacement. Electronic keys are expensive to replace. Fortunately, this feature will replace them for you if you lose your key or it’s stolen.
Not all features are available in every state, so check with an insurance agent to determine if you’re eligible for the coverage you want.
What add-ons does Plymouth Rock offer?
Outside of Plymouth Rock’s packages, you can add the following coverages to your policy a la carte:
- Full glass coverage
- $100 glass deductible
- Accident forgiveness
- Waiver or deductible
- New car replacement
- GAP coverage
You cannot combine some of these options with others, so check with an agent before signing up.
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Enter your ZIP code below to view companies that have cheap car insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How much does Plymouth Rock car insurance cost?
While Plymouth Rock offers a variety of value-adding features for its policies, the average price is higher than other insurance companies. Plymouth Rock’s rates tend to be about 60% higher than its competitors.
Consider the following to see what rates might look like for you.
|Coverage||Plymouth Rock||Massachusetts||Pennsylvania||New Hampshire||New Jersey||New York||Connecticut|
Get Your Rates Quote Now
Plymouth Rock might not be the best choice if you’re on a budget. However, if you can afford to spend more on your insurance coverage, Plymouth Rock’s added value might be worth the price tag.
Plymouth Rock Car Insurance Reviews
Plymouth Rock promises more than quality insurance products – they also guarantee friendly, prompt service. To that end, Plymouth Rock reviews are generally positive.
A.M. Best rates insurance companies on their financial stability. When a company is stable, you can rest assured that your claims will get paid. Plymouth Rock has an A- — or excellent — rating from A.M. Best.
The Better Business Bureau gives Plymouth Rock an A+, with a small number of customer complaints on its site. Of the few complaints, most involve trouble canceling their policy.
As for customer reviews, the majority are positive. Most customers laud Plymouth Rock’s car insurance customer service, saying that agents are personable and knowledgeable. Even though prices with Plymouth Rock are higher than average, most customers consider their policy a value.
Most unsatisfied Plymouth Rock customers complain about getting charged after canceling their policy or the Plymouth Rock car insurance claims process.
Find the Best Car Insurance Today
While a Plymouth Rock car insurance quote might be higher than other companies, the value added to each policy makes up for the cost.
If you’re interested in Plymouth Rock car insurance, you should compare prices to see how much you could save elsewhere. However, you’ll be hardpressed to find a company that packs so many features into each policy it writes.