Free Car Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Mar 4, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
We strive to help you make confident insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We partner with top insurance providers. This doesn't influence our content. Our opinions are our own.
Drivers in Georgia do not have to wonder which car insurance companies are the best. Various agencies track the performance of insurance companies according to various factors that are measurable.
Drivers who are seeking the best combination of positive factors are encouraged to research the Georgia car insurance companies through the various rating agency websites. To find the best rate now, enter your ZIP code into our FREE comparison tool above!
Methodical Approach to Insurance Company Comparisons
The automobile insurance industry is closely regulated because of the requirement that every driver carry insurance against personal loss. Georgia is one state that allows drivers with sufficient financial means to self-insure through the Georgia Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioners Office.
A very detailed and cumbersome process is required for approval. For everyone else, the following agencies provide in-depth analyses for every insurance company in Georgia.
Georgia Department of Insurance
Every insurance company selling auto insurance in the state of Georgia is entered on the state department of insurance website. A given entry will include:
- Business status that indicates the “active” classification of their license.
- Home office address for the company, which does not have to reside in Georgia.
- The financial rating from A.M. Best Company is listed to reveal the company’s financial health.
J.D. Power and Associates
This organization tracks the customer satisfaction trends at companies of every type across the country. Most companies covet the awards that J.D. Power and Associates gives out each year for excellence in customer service. Each year, this company conducts an Auto Insurance Study based on five factors:
- Customer interaction – Companies that emphasize policyholder care are ranked higher than others.
- Policy offerings – Many and varied insurance products allow customers to insure their vehicles against loss.
- Billing and payment – Policyholders appreciate various billing cycles that fit into their lifestyles.
- Price – Large driver classes help to lower the rates and retain policyholders across many years. Insurance companies strive to develop discounts that will encourage safe driving habits.
- Claims – All insurance companies will encounter claims throughout the fiscal year. Claims processes and willingness to pay valid claims are essential to meeting customer needs.
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Georgia Car Insurance Rates
Many factors will impact the cost of insuring a car against loss. Even the best drivers will pay adjusted car insurance rates when the following factors are considered:
- Home address – Heavily populated cities in Georgia require higher car insurance premiums because of the actual accident, theft and repair statistics. Every car insurance company in Georgia will begin the quote process with the driver’s ZIP code.
- Credit history – Safe drivers tend to have healthy money management habits. All insurers in Georgia will factor in the credit score the driver to calculate the annual car insurance premium.
- Marital status, age, and gender – Other statistics have been tracked against the age and gender of drivers. Women are less likely to have accidents, and young drivers take greater risks than older drivers. All of these facts allow the insurance companies to determine the rates that will reward safe drivers.
- Make/model of vehicle – Safety and security features built into a vehicle when it is manufactured will deter theft and protect against injury. Certain vehicles are more expensive to repair or replace and these factors will impact the insurance rates.
Best Georgia Car Insurance Coverage
The state of Georgia requires that all drivers carry sufficient liability car coverage to pay for the damage caused to the health and property of other people. Annual auto insurance premiums are impacted directly by the amount of liability insurance carried, but cutting corners in this area can be very costly if an accident occurs.
Most drivers choose to carry the uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance to guard against loss if a driver without car insurance is involved in a collision.
Twelve percent of all Georgia drivers do not have any car insurance, so drivers are wise to choose this coverage.
Expensive vehicles should be covered by comprehensive and collision car insurance. Since Georgia has severe weather, cars can be damaged even when not in motion.
Theft is another very real possibility in metropolitan areas. All of these risks can be mitigated with sufficient levels of auto insurance through a reputable company. Find cheap car insurance by entering your ZIP code below!
Georgia Insurance Companies
Competition for policyholders is fierce between the many insurance companies that underwrite auto insurance policies in the state of Georgia. Drivers are wise to compare rates using the exact same factors. These are some of the insurance companies in Georgia:
- 21st Century – Loyal customers find that their rates are favorable from this insurer because of their desire to retain happy customers. Local agents work with policyholders in their own communities to find the best combination of discounts. Special discounts and deals are offered to the policyholders who stay with the company.
- AMICA Mutual – Some of the most attractive features of an auto insurance policy underwritten by AMICA Mutual include accident forgiveness, prestige rental coverage, and identity theft protection. Appealing insurance discounts offered can include safe driver, multiple drivers, multiple policies and various deductible options.
- Encompass – As one of the largest insurers in the United States, Encompass underwrites nearly 175 million vehicles. Customer satisfaction is their number one goal, so policyholders tend to stay. Georgia drivers enjoy long-term relationships with this insurer.
- Grange – A network of independent agents provides policyholder service in the local community. Many Georgia drivers appreciate this personalized touch. With competitive rates and great service, Grange retains its customers through great service and substantial discounts to safe drivers.
- Mercury – Policyholders appreciate the ability to combine many different discounts to achieve the lowest possible insurance premiums. Customers receive excellent service and young drivers are encouraged through “good student discounts.”
Georgia drivers will benefit from comparing one company against another. Every quote must include identical criteria to find the best possible rate.
Evaluation of the quotes must be conducted to discover extremely low coverage rates. Company standings are an important part of choosing a reputable insurance company that will pay the claims without unnecessary confrontation.
Enter your ZIP code into our FREE comparison tool below to find the best rates!