Allstate Car Insurance Discounts
Allstate car insurance discounts can save you up to 45 percent on your policy. Drivers can take advantage of discounts including an Allstate good student discount, Allstate new car discount, and even an Allstate resident student discount. Discount packages such as Allstate disappearing deductible and accident forgiveness are also available.
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Sep 22, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We partner with top insurance providers. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
- Allstate offers discounts such as safe driver, new car, and resident student discounts
- Discount packages such as deductible rewards and accident forgiveness are also available
- Allstate policies are a bit more expensive than other companies that offer minimum coverage
Allstate car insurance discounts are varied, and there seems to be something for everyone. So what discounts does Allstate offer? Keep reading to find out.
Allstate is a well-known insurance company in the United States. The company was founded in 1931 through Sears, Roebuck & Co.
When Sears began to have financial difficulties in the 1990s, it began to sell off or eliminate parts of the company. Allstate, rather than disappearing, became an independent entity.
Getting discounts is an excellent way to find cheap car insurance. The question is: Are the discounts offered by Allstate enough for you to consider a change?
Enter your ZIP to compare car insurance quotes in a matter of minutes. Compare them with your Allstate car insurance prices to see what’s the best deal for you.
Keep reading to learn more about Allstate car insurance discounts.
What Discounts Allstate Car Insurance Offers
What Allstate discounts on auto insurance are offered to drivers?
As mentioned above, Allstate car insurance lists 11 possible discounts on its website.
Most of the discounts available can be found with most insurance companies. However, there are a few that are unusual and that could save you a lot of money.
Take a look at our Allstate insurance discounts list to see if there are any that you’ve missed.
Here are a few of the car insurance discounts that you might find from nearly any auto insurance company:
- Allstate safe driver discount – up to 45 percent discount
- Allstate good student discount – up to 20 percent discount
- Allstate multiple policy discount – up to 10 percent discount
Car safety features will also get you some big discounts. Here are a few Allstate auto insurance discounts that you find at many but not all auto insurance companies:
- Passive restraint discount – up to 30 percent discount
- Anti-lock brake discount – up to 10 percent discount
- Anti-theft device discount – up to 10 percent discount
- Allstate new car discount – up to 30 percent discount
Here are a few discounts that you don’t see very often:
- Early signing discount – 10 percent discount if you switch from another insurance carrier while your policy is in force
- Deductible rewards – Sign up and automatically receive a $100 reduction on your deductible with no increase in rates
- Allstate resident student discount – 30 percent discount if your child goes to school at least 100 miles away from where you live
- 55 and retired discount – 10 percent Allstate car insurance discount for senior citizens
|Allstate Discounts||Percentage Saved|
|Daytime Running Lights||2%|
|Electronic Stability Control||2%|
|On Time Payments||5%|
Get Your Rates Quote Now
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Enter your ZIP code below to view companies that have cheap car insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Allstate Programs to Save Money over Time
Lately, more insurance companies have been offering programs that save you money over time, and Allstate is one of those companies.
The company offers several programs that are automatically included in your insurance policy and a few that you can add to your policy.
Included in every policy are:
- Allstate safe driving bonus – Every six months you will receive a check for up to 5 percent of your total rates if you don’t have an accident during that time.
- Allstate disappearing deductible – You will receive an initial $100 off of your deductible when you sign up for a new policy. Each year you don’t have an accident another $100 is deducted until $500 has been reached.
You can add the following services as a rider to your policy:
- Accident Forgiveness – Keeps your rates from increasing if you have an accident. One accident is allowed every three years.
- New Car Replacement – Any driver that has a car that is three years old or younger will receive enough money to replace that car with another new car–not a used car, and not the depreciated value of the car.
The Allstate discounts list is extensive and can help lower those high car insurance rates.
The Allstate car insurance low mileage discount may also be available through the company’s Milewise program.
Watch this video for more tips on finds car insurance discounts.
Just like with the car insurance coverage, discounts aren’t one size fits all. Speak with your agent to find all of the discounts you can add to lower your rates.
Allstate may also save you money in other areas, such as an Allstate car insurance car rental discount, but it depends on your policy.
Deciding If Allstate Is Right for You
If you haven’t guessed it already, Allstate is typically more expensive companies like Progressive or Geico.
However, there are those of you who would benefit from this type of policy rather than going with a more basic bare-bones policy.
What you need to consider is how much you drive, what the chances are that you are going to have an accident, and how much your car is worth in general.
A policy from a discount company is great if all you need is to ensure that you can pay for your car if you have an accident.
However, if you can’t afford a new car if your current car is totaled, then you might want to consider other options.
Of course, if you can’t afford a higher rate, then the discussion of whether Allstate is right for you is moot.
The good news is that there are other companies that offer premium services that you might want to consider as an alternative.
The key is to compare prices between multiple companies and then choose based on both price and need.
Enter your ZIP to compare car insurance rates from multiple companies right now. Be sure to compare them with Allstate discounts to get the best deal.