Free Car Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: May 12, 2016
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
We strive to help you make confident insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We partner with top insurance providers. This doesn't influence our content. Our opinions are our own.
Finding car insurance in Arlington does not need to be a difficult task.
In most states, people must have liability coverage if they are going to register their vehicles. The interesting thing about Arlington is that residents have recommended amounts of liability insurance coverage set, but they are not forced to purchase them.
This may seem like a great deal to a lot of people, but it’s not necessarily going to be best for you in the long term.
Arlington Auto Insurance Laws
Arlington has mandatory minimum amounts of car insurance, but it will allow its residents to forgo purchasing these minimum liability requirements if they pay what is called an Uninsured Motor Vehicle (UMV) fee.
This fee is $500, and it allows people to drive without Virginia car insurance.
Those who choose to purchase liability coverage must have the proof that they have done so in their vehicles at all times.
Those who have chosen to pay the UMV fee must carry proof of this fact, too.
The penalty for not having either type of proof is suspension of a driver’s license and vehicle registration.
Car Insurance Liability Limits for Arlington
Drivers who will purchase the state’s minimum requirements for car insurance will be buying bodily injury and property damage liability coverage against the possibility that they will cause an accident.
If they are to blame for the car accident, they will need to have $25,000 to pay one person’s medical bills or funeral expenses.
If more than one person has filed a claim, $50,000 must be available to meet all of these people bodily injury costs.
Property damage that results from the accident will need to be paid for with the property damage liability coverage. Arlington drivers will need to have purchased a $20,000 policy for this purpose.
Driving without Car Insurance
Since Arlington is located within a tort state, drivers have no restrictions placed on them with regard to lawsuits.
When someone’s negligence causes them to run into another vehicle, the driver and passengers may sue the at-fault driver for all of their medical bills.
A driver who doesn’t have car insurance will have to pay for everything out-of-pocket, including having to pay lawyers to represent them in court.
When they are ordered to pay everyone’s bills, they will have to meet these obligations by whatever means necessary.
Arlington rates for car insurance are among some of the lowest city car insurance rates in the country. Because it’s so inexpensive, people have no reason to risk losing everything to keep from purchasing auto insurance.
Car Insurance Safety in Arlington
For driving, there’s no place safer than Arlington.
Of all the cities in the country that have a population over 150,000, Arlington has the fewest deaths due to car accidents in the group.
According to federally recorded crash data, 0.48 deaths occur for every 100,000 accidents in Arlington, making this the lowest number of deadly accidents in the country.
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Because of fewer fatalities, car insurance can be quoted for lower prices than it would be in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, the city that experiences the most deaths due to auto accidents.
The average rate for car insurance comes to $1,125 for Arlington drivers.
Because of the low fatality rate, people may expect low insurance quotes. They can still do things to encourage car insurance agencies to lower their rates even further.
One way is to increase their deductibles. With a higher deductible, policyholders assume more of the risk from the insurance company. Whenever their clients agree to take on more risk, the insurance agencies can give them lower rates in return.
Car Insurance Limits
Arlington drivers may want to proceed with the next suggestion with caution. They can lower their limits on the coverage they choose to purchase for lower state car insurance rates.
They need to be careful not to lower their limits too much, or else they may be in danger of not having enough insurance to cover the expenses that could present themselves in the future.
Finding Discounts for Car Insurance
Car insurance companies in Arlington that sell homeowner’s insurance, life insurance, health insurance and auto insurance will give Arlington residents car insurance discounts when they purchase multiple policies with their one company.
In addition, most companies have a series of discounts they offer, including:
- Defensive Driving – These courses refresh Arlington residents’ driving skills and teach them the new rules of the road that have been enacted since they first had driver’s education.
- Good Students – Teen drivers also have to look diligently for ways to lower their car insurance because they are members of a demographic that has the most car accidents. If they can show their agencies that they have a B grade point average or better, they will receive the good student discount.
- Car Safety Rating – The latest anti-theft technology helps to keep vehicles from being stolen, and this is news that car insurance companies like to hear. They will give discounts for installations that prevent theft or make the car safer.
- Driving Record – People who have a driving record with too many points will be subject to higher auto insurance rates. If these people work hard to not receive any tickets throughout the year, their driving records will look better to insurance companies, and they will lower these clients’ rates.
- Safe Driving – The ones that will be are those where the driver caused the accident. Becoming a safer driver and not causing any new accidents will result in lower premiums.
- Driving Habits and Location -People who live in the cities have more vehicles around them and, therefore, they have a higher risk of being involved in a car accident. By moving to a rural area, they lower their chances of either hitting or being hit by another car and their insurance rates can also be lower.
- Credit Rating – A lower credit score suggests that an Arlington driver is unreliable and irresponsible. Arlington auto insurance agencies quote these people the highest rates. If they work to raise their credit scores, they should be able to receive a break on those rates because they will be less of a risk to the insurance agencies.
Comparing Auto Insurance in Arlington
It may be the case that these car insurance companies will refuse to lower their rates. They may be persuaded to do so if the drivers research multiple quotes from competing companies and find lower prices elsewhere.
Drivers who compare quotes may find that other Arlington car insurance companies and agencies would be willing to sell them an insurance policy for a lot less than their current payment.
If these drivers would like to remain with their current companies, they can show these quotes to their insurance agents and see if that entices them to lower their rates.
If it doesn’t work, these drivers have a place to go where the insurance agents will be able to give them the coverage they need for a much better price.
Arlington typically has low rates for car insurance.
Any drivers who have something on their records that makes Arlington car insurance companies charge them high rates can improve their situations by raising their credit scores or becoming safer drivers.
They also have our comparison website that can bring them cheap auto insurance prices for liability coverage.
All Arlington drivers should compare quotes from multiple companies. Try our FREE tool below by entering your zip code now!