Qualifying for Good Student Car Insurance Discounts
A good student discount can save you up 20% on your car insurance rates if you fulfill certain academic requirements, such as maintaining full-time enrollment and a B average.
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Jan 14, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
- Many insurance companies offer the Good Student discount
- If you meet the qualifications, you could save as much as 20 percent
- While looking into Good Student discounts, you could discover if other discounts may apply to your policy
- Shopping around for insurance may yield better savings
Car insurance companies offer various discounts for drivers. One of them, the Good Student discount, is commonly offered by many car insurance providers. If you are a good student, but are only a part-time student, you may wonder if you qualify for the Good Student discount.
In most cases, such as with Allstate and State Farm, one of the stipulations of the Good Student discount is that you are enrolled as a full-time student.
There may be other car insurance providers that offer the Good Student discount to part-time students, but in most cases they do not. The only way to know for sure whether the Good Student discount would apply in your case is to call the insurance company and ask them.
We can help you find the best car insurance policy for your needs. Enter your ZIP code in our comparison tool above and you will receive FREE car insurance quotes from multiple companies.
The Criteria for the Good Student Discount
In most cases, the criteria for qualifying for the Good Student discount include at least some of these factors:
- Full-Time Student
- 3.0 / 4.0 GPA
- B Average or Above
- Previous Term on Honor Roll
- Top 20 percent of Class
The Good Student discount may save a driver anywhere from five percent to 20 percent on their auto insurance policies, depending on the company. Be sure to research your selected auto insurance companies to see how to qualify for their Good Student discount.
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Enter your ZIP code below to view companies that have cheap car insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Other Car Insurance Discounts
When shopping for car insurance, be sure to check for other discounts you may qualify for in addition to the Good Student discount.
- Bundle Discounts – Often, discounts are available for insuring multiple cars, or for bundling your home insurance and car insurance with the same company.
- Good Driver Discount – Some companies offer discounts for maintaining a good driving record.
Such Good Driver discounts are offered to drivers who have maintained a good driving record for the three prior years.
- Low Mileage Discount – Some car insurance companies offer policy holders a low mileage car insurance discount. Though this is not offered by all insurance companies, those companies that do may offer policy holders discounts up to 40 percent! If you work from home or take public transportation, check into this discount with your auto insurance company.
- Vehicle Safety Factors – Certain factors on your vehicle may apply a discount to your auto insurance. For example, anti-lock brakes, airbags and alarms will all lower your car insurance rates with most providers.
- Hybrid Car Discounts – Many car insurance companies offer discounts for driving a green vehicle. Purchase a hybrid car and you may receive as much as a 10 percent discount on your car insurance. Not all companies offer a hybrid car discount, but many do, so ask about it if you plan to purchase a hybrid vehicle.
- Membership Group Discounts – Membership in certain groups will qualify the car insurance policy holder for additional discounts. For example, a corporation may offer its employees a discount by purchasing their auto insurance policy from a specified provider. Other groups, such as clubs and social organizations, may offer similar discounts.
Compare and Save
Compare different car insurance providers and their policies using an insurance comparison site. Car insurance comparison sites allow you to type your ZIP code and find auto insurance companies that provide coverage in your area.
Compare car insurance companies in a side-by-side comparison using the tool. Request free quotes right from the site.
With each entry, the contact information is provided for each insurance company. Contact the car insurance companies that you want to research and ask them about their Good Student and other discounts.
Shopping around for car insurance, even to find the best discounts, will save you money! Spend a little time on the comparison site and you will be able to find the best car insurance company with the best policy for your needs.
Once you find the car insurance companies that offer the right policy for your needs, research the selected companies to determine the car insurance company that is best for you.
Read customer reviews, take a look a the companies’ market share and financial state, and look at rankings of car insurance companies to find the best one that will make sure you are treated well as a policy holder.
Compare discounts offered by car insurance companies to determine which company has the best policy and rates for you. Enter your ZIP code in our FREE car insurance comparison tool below now!