Best South Dakota Car Insurance Companies
There are many reputable car insurance companies in SD. The average rates for full coverage in the state are $59.81/mo. Compare quotes below to lower your costs.
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Jan 21, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
- South Dakota has some specific laws concerning auto insurance
- South Dakota insurance companies offer various ways for drivers to reduce costs
- Many well-known insurance companies provide coverage to South Dakota residents
South Dakota residents can save money on car insurance by requesting a free rate quote to find out which companies offer the best deals for policy coverage.
By shopping for bargains on car insurance, the amount paid for annual premiums will stay consistent with the costs of living.
Compare South Dakota car insurance by entering your ZIP code into our FREE comparison tool!
Legal Requirements for Drivers in South Dakota
The following are some state car insurance laws:
- Tort system which upholds the at-fault party responsibility when a car accident occurs
- Minimum auto insurance limits are 25/50/25
- $25,000 in bodily injury liability
- $50,000 for any property damage in an accident
- $25,000 per person and $50,000 for bodily injury for underinsured and uninsured motorists
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Enter your ZIP code below to view companies that have cheap car insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Cost-Effective Solutions for Drivers to Reduce Annual Rates
Choosing a higher deductible will help you save on insurance. Make sure that the vehicle to be insured isn’t on the list of high theft probability. Cars that are stolen often are usually more expensive to insure.
Having a good driving record with no citations or accidents, insuring multiple vehicles, and paying your policy in full can also help to decrease annual costs.
Some car insurance companies offer discounts for selecting umbrella coverage for more than one insurance products from the same company.
Usually bundled insurance policies include car, home, and life insurance coverage.
Rate comparisons allow potential policy holders the opportunity to see which company offers the best terms for car insurance, by entering specific criteria in the rate quote request form.
The rate quote results will reveal if the driver qualifies for additional savings and auto insurance discounts. There isn’t an obligation to purchase an auto insurance policy after receiving free quotes.
Finding Car Insurance in South Dakota
- AAA Insurance – AAA provides members with a good driving record a collision deductible, which may be reduced to $50 for drivers with an excellent driving history. Rates are based on the vehicle’s usage, annual mileage and the driving record of the vehicle’s owner
- Acuity – Acuity began offering South Dakota residents auto insurance in 1925. Acuity is one of the top 100 insurance companies in the nation. It’s a privately owned regional insurance company and is recognized as an industry leader
- AIG – AIG was founded in 1919 and offers car insurance discounts to new policyholders. AIG has many programs that provide customers special incentives with savings for seniors, young drivers, and defensive driving graduates
- Ameriprise – Ameriprise began providing auto insurance in 1894 and has established a reputation for fast claims payment with an overall high rating for customer satisfaction
- Amica Mutual – Amica Mutual has an excellent record of fully paying auto accident claims, and it receives high marks for customer service. Customers have the option to select customized insurance coverage with the Platinum Choice Auto policy
- USAA – USAA was founded by a group of military officers and is a specialized car insurance agency offering policy coverage discounts for those in the military, retirees and their families. USAA has received the highest JD Power ranking of five stars for its excellent car insurance coverage. The company offers policyholders car rentals, windshield repair, and roadside assistance
- Safeco – Safeco was founded in 1953; this company provides discount auto insurance policies. As reported in the year 2005, the company became one of the nation’s largest insurance companies in the nation after successfully writing over $2 billion gross premiums
- Grange Auto Insurance – Grange was founded in 1935 and offers auto policy coverage to people living in rural areas of South Dakota. Policies are only available through local Grange agents.
- Liberty Mutual – Liberty Mutual offers various discounts for residents of South Dakota including multiple policy discounts, good driver, and the type of car insured
- MetLife – MetLife has been in business since 1863. MetLife provides flexible payment options for its policyholders with enhanced car rental coverage, safe driver’s discount, protection against risks and unique rewards
The above list provides companies to compare, and once a rate quote is requested, for consumers to select the best policy.
When it’s time to make the purchase, make sure that the policy is customized to suit specific needs as far as policy coverage limits and deductibles.
After comparing policy, you can pay immediately online. Most companies provide additional discounts to customers who select the automatic bill pay option.
Enter your ZIP code into our FREE comparison tool below to find great deals on car insurance.