Best Wisconsin Car Insurance
The top four car insurance companies in WI are (1) Amica, (2) USAA, (3) West Bend Mutual, and (4) Auto-Owners. Compare quotes online to lower your rates.
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Jun 12, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
- If you are pulled over for speeding and you can’t provide proof of car insurance you can be fined up to $500
- A minimum of $25,000 for each individual, $50,000 per car for bodily liability and $15,000 property damage.
- Shop around for the best rates with our free comparison tool!
It’s simple to find the best Wisconsin car insurance companies by doing an online comparison.
Despite being required by law in the state of Wisconsin, car insurance is being increasingly eliminated from many household budgets, in order to save money in the short term, because so many people are being laid off or face the uncertainty of their employment.
This is faulty logic on those who decide against insurance because getting into one accident could cost you well over the amount of money you pay in car insurance premiums for a year.
Additionally, with over 15 percent of drivers uninsured, this can mean that a lot of accidents will go uncovered. Wisconsin winters, which bring inches of snow and sleet to the roads, result in people losing more than a few hundred bucks.
Get FREE car insurance quotes today by entering your ZIP code above for your quote now!
Why You Need Wisconsin Car Insurance
Remember that if you are pulled over for speeding and you can’t provide proof of car insurance you can be fined up to $500.
If you are in an accident and don’t have the minimum coverage required by Wisconsin car insurance laws, you’ll face fines as well as the possibility of your license being suspended.
When you do go to buy insurance you’ll face higher rates because of your past irresponsibility. So if you’re in the minority who aren’t covered, do yourself a huge favor and compare car insurance rates immediately.
As a state, Wisconsin’s auto insurance premiums are higher than most states as Wisconsin ranks 45th on the list from cheapest to most expensive.
The average cost is just $582 per year which really isn’t a whole lot of money over the course of twelve months.
It’s the cost of a family dinner out once a month or a night at the movies. While companies tend to give discounts for making just one annual payment of your premiums, you can get a quarterly or monthly plan to help make it more affordable.
The well-being of your families other assets is certainly worth making a few sacrifices or getting a part time job to cover the costs.
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Enter your ZIP code below to view companies that have cheap car insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Compare Rates for the Best Wisconsin Car Insurance Companies
Why not compare rates for car insurance? It’s never been simpler to do than it is now.
Give them some additional information about your driving history and your car and you’ll instantly get rates from a variety of Wisconsin car insurance companies who are competing for your business.
Additionally, car insurance rates rise over time so getting the lowest possible rates now ensure that in the future, when your rates go up, you are paying less than others who never took the time to compare car insurance rates.
Best Wisconsin Car Insurance Companies
- Amica Mutual– With over 100 years in the business of offering auto, home and life insurance Amica Mutual has a 5 star rating by J.D. Power and Associates.
- It usually ranks in the top five in customer satisfaction surveys which shows that the 3000 plus employees work hard to give customers the lowest premiums and settle claims in a fast and efficient manner.
- As a mutual company, the stock is owned by policy holders rather than stock holders, providing a win-win situation for the company and its customers.
- USAA–A Fortune 500 company that began by army officers who had been refused insurance, being deemed high risk, the USAA began as a way to offer insurance to service men and women and their families. They offer incredible rates to those who are members of the military, have great customer service.
- West Bend Mutual Insurance Company– Founded in 1894 this company sticks to one thing which it does best–selling auto insurance. West Bend gets its name from the Wisconsin town where it began and aims to serve its customers better than any other agency in the state.
- They have their own training center so that agents can be trained in core values and ethics that have made the company stand the test of time while grossing half a billion dollars in revenue annually.
- West Bend Mutual feels strongly about giving to the community and gives generously to groups like the Boys and Girls Club and the American Heart Association.
- Auto-Owners Insurance– Now serving the greater Mid-West area, Auto-Owners was started in a humble office in the back room of a bank in Michigan in 1916. It was built slowly over many years by ensuring only excellent drivers with steady employment.
- They offer discounts to those who qualify but adhere to their strict underwriting guidelines to maintain a company that gets great reviews by its customers. Twenty states, including Wisconsin, are now served by their 3,500 employees.
Wisconsin Car Insurance Requirements
It’s important to remember that each state has different car insurance requirements and that they can change from time to time.
In order to make sure that you are properly covered, make sure that you find a policy that has the minimums required by Wisconsin in order to avoid fines and license suspension.
As of June 2010, liability and uninsured motorist insurance are required for all drivers. A minimum of $25,000 for each individual, with a total of $50,000 per car, in Bodily Injury Liability, is required as is $15,000 minimum in property damage.
Getting more than this is quite reasonable as these are just the minimums and it’s better to have a little too much than have to pay out of pocket if you are at fault.
The best way to be able to afford higher levels of coverage is to do an online comparison of the best Wisconsin car insurance rates.
If it’s been awhile since you last compared prices to find the best Wisconsin car insurance companies, or if you are currently driving around under or uninsured, now is certainly the time to do so.
Spend an hour this evening doing your comparison and talking to reps from the companies to find additional car insurance discounts that you may qualify for and then choose the one that meets your needs and budget.
You’ll definitely sleep better knowing that, should the unfortunate happen, you and your family are covered by insurance. Start saving today with our FREE comparison search tool at the bottom of the page!