FREE Car Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Compare quotes from the top car insurance companies and save!
In Kentucky, you have over 50 options for KY car insurance companies, including leaders in the industry like Allstate, Progressive, Grange, and Liberty Mutual. Of course, there are also many local and regional companies with whom you can work. In some cases, the local companies have higher rates because of their small operations, but this isn’t always the case.
You need to compare Kentucky car insurance providers to find the best ones for your needs. In case you aren’t sure where to start, the top five car insurance companies in the U.S. (who all offer coverage in Kentucky) include:
- Travelers Insurance
These companies often have the best rates and coverage simply because they are among the top in the nation for car insurance. Of course, don’t take anyone’s word for it — enter your KY zip code in now to start comparing free car insurance quotes!
What to Look for in a KY Car Insurance Company
Some things to consider when shopping for car insurance and comparing quotes are:
- Reputation and credibility
- Customer service
- Efficient claims handling
- Affordable rates
- Quality coverage
Kentucky Car Insurance Requirements
- $25,000 bodily injury per person
- $50,000 bodily injury per accident
- $10,000 property damage coverage
- PIP coverage of up to $10,000
The bodily injury limits are created to protect people from high injury costs. For example, if a person has medical bills of $27,000, the first $25,000 will fall under the “per person” category. The excess will then be covered by the “per accident” allowance of $50,000.
That way, if you have three people injured and they all have medical bills of over $25,000, there is some coverage to help protect you from having to pay that money out of pocket.
$10,000 in property damage coverage is not a lot, so it is recommended that you get more. Generally, you can double or triple that amount for only a few extra dollars each month, so make sure that you check into that.
Kentucky Car Insurance Discounts
Safe drivers and others can get discounts on their insurance in Kentucky. You will have to ask your insurer which discounts are available and which you are eligible for just to be safe. Expect to find discounts like:
- Safe driver
- Good student
- Safe vehicle
- Customer loyalty
- Age or length of licensure
There may be other discounts, as well. You will simply have to ask insurance companies what they offer and figure out what you qualify for.
Kentucky Car Insurance Tips
- NEVER buy car insurance based on cost alone. Compare the coverage that you get to the rate that you will pay to determine which policy gives you the most protection for the money.
- Work with companies that are reputable and have quality customer service. When you need them, it will make a difference of whether they are there for you or not.
- Get Kentucky car insurance coverage that makes you feel safe, even when it’s more than the state minimum. Just because it is state law doesn’t mean that is all the coverage that you need, and you should get more when you can.
- Choose Kentucky auto insurance providers based on your own research, because every single insurance customer is different. You might have a completely different quote shopping experience than someone else, so don’t depend on others to tell you who is cheapest or best.
- Kentucky is a no-fault state, so if you’re underinsured it’s only you that suffers.
Enter your zip code to compare cheap KY car insurance quotes online now!