Instant Car Insurance
Need instant car insurance? You can purchase car insurance from the comfort of your couch and still receive discounts. Make sure you compare rates before buying.
UPDATED: May 14, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
- The internet makes purchasing car insurance instantly very easy
- Getting insurance instantly on the internet will not cost more money than getting it other ways
- There are discounts available.
- The type of coverage you have will determine what will be covered
If you need instant car insurance, there is no better place to go than the internet. The internet makes it easier to research and buy insurance online, even while still in your PJs and drinking your morning coffee.
Try it by entering your zip code into the free tool and getting car insurance quotes now!
Comparing quotes from multiple companies is the best way to ensure you get a good deal on your policy.
You may wonder if the cost of such convenience is higher, or what else to do to find lower rates. Read on.
How much is instant car insurance?
You may be wondering if instant car insurance costs more. You’ll be glad to know it does not have to. In many ways shopping online is cheaper than using an agent. It is even cheaper than going to a brick and mortar business. Online you can fill out a simple form and get quotes from multiple companies.
What car insurance discounts are available online?
Generally, the same discounts that can be found in a brick and mortar store can be found online. These may include, but are not limited to:
- Coverage for multiple vehicles – If the household has more than one vehicle, it is often cheaper and easier to have them all on one policy.
- Bundling policies together, life, home or renters insurance – Having the same company carry all of the policies can save money.
- Low mileage discount – For drivers who drive 10,000 miles or less a year.
- Defensive driving – Most insurance companies will offer adults a discount for taking a defensive driving course.
- Hybrid or fuel-efficient cars – Many insurance companies will give discounts to the drivers of hybrids or fuel-efficient cars.
- Safety features – These include anti-lock brakes and airbags.
- Homeowners discount – Homeowners are considered more stable, so many companies will offer them a discount.
- Renewal discount – Many companies will offer a discount to customers who renew their policy instead of going to a new company.
- Paperless discount – Websites are cheaper to maintain than brick and mortar stores. Many insurance companies will offer a discount to people who buy online and pay online.
How to Save Money on Teenage Car Insurance
This does not mean that there is no way to cut the costs to insure the teenage driver. Here are a few ways to help cut back those costs:
- Get better grades – most insurance companies will offer a discount to teenagers who get a “B”average or better
- Get them their own car – Many insurance companies assign drivers and when they do so they assign the most expensive driver to the most expensive car. Get an older car for your teenage driver and do not let him drive the more expensive family car
- Take driver’s ed – Many companies will offer a discount for students who take drivers education
- Increase your deductible – Increasing your deductible will help lower your monthly payments
These four tips will allow parents to cut the cost of insuring their teenager.
What insurance should you carry on an older car?
There should always be enough insurance to meet the requirements of the state the car is registered in.
The value of the car determines whether or not there should be comprehensive and collision.
If it would cost more than the car is worth to fix it than most insurance companies will consider the car totaled.
How much will the insurance company pay for fixing a car?
Generally, the company will pay whatever is required to return the vehicle to the same condition it was in before the accident. The company may recommend an auto shop, but usually, it is not required that the car goes to that shop.
Collision Insurance Requirements and Recommendations
If the car is still under a loan note, most finance companies and banks will require collision insurance. This protects the bank and the owner if the car is in an accident.
Collision insurance helps to keep the car in working order and helps prevent the owner from having to pay for repairs on top of the normal payments on the car.
What does property damage insurance cover?
Property damage insurance covers damage to the other vehicle in an accident. If the holder of the policy is involved in an accident and is considered at fault, property damage helps prevent out of pocket costs in fixing the other car.
Who pays for damage caused by a stolen car?
Any damage done to the stolen vehicle should be covered if the owner has a good comprehensive policy.
If the car is still under warranty or if you are a member of AAA you may not need it. Check your warranty and AAA before adding the expense of towing insurance. Check also to see if labor fees are covered if they should apply.
Finding the best policy is easy online. Compare instant car insurance quotes by entering your zip code now!