USAA or Allstate? Many people are on a budget, and the most savvy insurance shoppers will research and compare car insurance companies before deciding which one to use.
Two of the larger companies are Allstate and USAA. They each have their own benefits, many of which are similar.
The oldest company, founded in 1922 is USAA vs Allstate which wasn’t founded until 1931.
Both have grown quite a lot since then, and over 7 million members are served by USAA vs Allstate which has 17 million households with it’s services.
Both have good reputations, earning high rankings and many rewards. A.M. Best rates an A++ to USAA vs Allstate which has a rating of A+, both a “Superior” rating.
Many awards for best place to work for minorities have been given to Allstate vs USAA which has been ranked one of Business Week’s top two “Customer Service Champs” the last four years in a row.
Insurance Coverage with Allstate vs USAA
Each company offers many choices of products and services for insurance needs. Vehicle insurance for both companies includes:
- Recreational vehicles such as boats, motor homes and ATVs. However, snowmobiles are included by Allstate vs USAA which instead covers aviation vehicles as an extra option.
- Commercial vehicles are insured by Allstate and by USAA with some restrictions.
USAA vs Allstate Discounts
Discounts are available for many reasons. Accident Forgiveness is a discount that both companies offer, but not in all states and USAA has it currently established in more states, though Allstate is working toward making it available more places in the future.
A $50 discount is given for getting a quote online in most states with USAA vs Allstate which does not give an instant discount, but rather includes more discounts within the policy once it has been started.
Customer Service with Allstate vs USAA
Customer service is important, but conducted differently for each provider. Methods are:
- Toll free number. Available 24/7 with Allstate while USAA’s toll free number is only available during regular business hours.
- Local offices with an agent are only available for Allstate.
- Email and land mail correspondence are available for both companies.
Membership Eligibility with USAA and Allstate
Membership is restricted to military personnel and their family with USAA vs Allstate which will provide services to any public citizen.
USAA membership is open to:
- Active, retired and honorably separated officers and enlisted personnel of the U.S. military.
- Officer candidates in commissioning programs (Academy, ROTC, OCS/OTS).
- Adult children of USAA members who have or had a USAA auto or property insurance policy.
- Widows and widowers of USAA members who have or had a USAA auto or property insurance policy.
Comparing Allstate and USAA Quotes
Websites for each company give much more detail about products and services offered. This is a great way to further compare the benefits that suit individual needs. Both company sites offer online forms to get quotes, which is a convenient way to get information for most people. Of course, why not compare quotes from many companies all at once to see who has the best rates? Enter your zip to get started now!