Economy Fire & Casualty Car Insurance Review 
Economy Fire & Casualty car insurance originally belonged to Kemper, but is now part of MetLife. They offer auto, home, disability, and other services to clients.
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Jan 27, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
- Economy Fire and Casualty Company is now a part of MetLife
- MetLife offers basic car insurance
- MetLife also offers a wide range of optional car insurance coverages
This Economy Fire & Casualty car insurance review will give details on the California-based company. Economy Fire & Casualty Company is part of the Metropolitan Group.
They were authorized in California in 1965 and then became a property and casualty insurance company domiciled in Illinois and later in Rhode Island.
They are authorized to sell various insurance policies including aircraft, automobile, burglary, disability, fire, liability, marine, plate glass, sprinkler, and surety.
Originally part of the Kemper Corporation, Economy Fire & Casualty Company was sold to St. Paul Fire and Marine Insurance Company in 1993. In 2002, it joined the Metropolitan Property and Casualty Insurance Company.
What types of insurance are available?
Through MetLife, Economy Fire & Casualty offers complete auto insurance.
- Liability Protection covers bodily injury as well as property damage and the Personal Excess Liability Insurance policy protects even more of your assets.
- Collision and Comprehensive Coverage Advantages offers not only the standard collision and comprehensive insurance but includes new car replacement, major parts replacement, deductible-free glass repairs, and they have a guaranteed repair program.
- Medical Payments Coverage and Personal Injury Protection
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage.
- Enhanced Rental Car Coverage is available to assist you with the surplus fees that a rental car company can charge you if you are in an accident with their rental car.
While most standard car insurance policies automatically include rental car insurance, they do not help with some of the extra charges such as towing, storage, claim handling fees, and the car’s market value decline.
MetLife also offers Towing and Roadside Assistance & Labor Cost Coverage, Legal Defense Costs, Transportation Coverage, and Lease/Loan Gap Coverage. Any of these options may be added to your Economy Fire and Casualty car insurance policy.